Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Engine Stalling

Morra
11-14-2001, 11:28 PM
I've recently installed a HKS blow off valve on my RB25det and every time i let the revs drop quickly the engine keeps dropping past idle to a stall. could this be something to do with vacuum lock or the air flow meter?

flupstar
11-15-2001, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Morra
I've recently installed a HKS blow off valve on my RB25det and every time i let the revs drop quickly the engine keeps dropping past idle to a stall. could this be something to do with vacuum lock or the air flow meter?

How tight is the spring in the valve? I know the factory item actually bleeds a little bit of pressure on idle. If this pressure isnt returned to the intake (such as on aftermarket items like yours) then the intake pressure flops and you'll lose idle.

I had a similar problem but for a totally different reason. I retuned the car and regapped the plugs which gave it less guts on idle. Bringing the idle speed up by turning the sensor on the side of the throttle body then resetting the ECU brough revs back to normal.. but made it stronger on the idle due to the increased air flow I suppose.

Hope some of this info helps.

Morra
11-15-2001, 02:20 AM
I've also still got the factory item on, but i'm replacing it with a blanking plate tomorrow, could that affect it

Add your comment to this topic!