Page updated on 09-19-2017

Pocher 300 SL Gullwing

RonCla
01-26-2016, 07:57 PM
Pocher is following in Tamiyas' foot steps in releasing a Gullwing.

Its going to be a bit bigger though in 1/8 scale.

http://www.pocher.com/model-kits/mercedes-benz-300-sl-gullwing.html

BVC500
01-26-2016, 09:28 PM
Looks good, except for one glaring thing. Tell me if you agree...is there a seam running along the bottom of the rear side window to the base of the rear window? It looks like the whole roof structure is a completely separate part, and I wonder if this was done for manufacturing purposes. If this is so, it is completely inaccurate and sucks because this is a pre-painted model and not easy to correct unless you strip, fill and repaint.

RonCla
01-27-2016, 12:02 AM
Looks good, except for one glaring thing. Tell me if you agree...is there a seam running along the bottom of the rear side window to the base of the rear window? It looks like the whole roof structure is a completely separate part, and I wonder if this was done for manufacturing purposes. If this is so, it is completely inaccurate and sucks because this is a pre-painted model and not easy to correct unless you strip, fill and repaint.

There certainly appears to be a seam there. I wonder if they may be planning a roadster version in the future and are making things easy for themselves.

joelwideqvist
01-27-2016, 05:25 AM
1300 parts...:-)

BVC500
01-27-2016, 07:23 AM
1299 parts would have been better, because that roof needs to be integrated with the body. To spend $800 on that and have to strip, fill and repaint is ridiculous.

@RonCla the body of the roadster is too different to use the coupe as a starter for the roadster.

joelwideqvist
01-27-2016, 07:47 AM
1299 parts would have been better, because that roof needs to be integrated with the body. To spend $800 on that and have to strip, fill and repaint is ridiculous.

@RonCla the body of the roadster is too different to use the coupe as a starter for the roadster.

Haha, good point!

Capri-Schorsch
01-27-2016, 12:08 PM
It's the same car like the Deagostini abo car who is selling 110 parts of the car for round about 1100€ in Germany, Austria and some other county's.
This series runs for nearly two years and the buyer have to pay a lot more for it than that pocher car cost.
And yes, there it's a gap between the roof and the rest of the car.
That sucks when you pay that hell of money for it.

mattbacon
01-29-2016, 06:23 AM
Yeah, but the partwork car has to be delivered in, errr... parts, attached to a magazine. There's no way it would ever include a complete bodyshell with roof. Pocher might have messed with it and pre-assembled parts in the kit version, perhaps even filled that seam for you. But if the $899 pricepoint is right, you're getting it for half the price of the partwork version, so even with that _awful_ (;-P) seam, it's a pretty good deal...

bestest,
M.

Add your comment to this topic!