bypass blower motor relay?

waterkeeper03
01-22-2016, 05:41 PM
i've blown my third BMR and replaced the blower fan twice.. can i just jumper 2 of these wires to get the fan on HIGH?

i don't want to probe around down there and blow a fuse or anything worse....

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=53400&stc=1&d=1453505981

Black_Blade
02-01-2016, 03:44 PM
Your best bet is to go to your local wrecker yard and snip off the connector from it and replaced the connector ( if of course the connector is in good shape) I have seen many of these connectors (the one on the blower motor itself as well) to melt from the heat build up when connections start to build up either corrosion or get loose, and then the problem just gets worse.

So inspect all the connectors for anything suspicious..signs of overheating, or wires going into the connector being to wiggly.

waterkeeper03
02-07-2016, 01:52 PM
Your best bet is to go to your local wrecker yard and snip off the connector from it and replaced the connector ( if of course the connector is in good shape) I have seen many of these connectors (the one on the blower motor itself as well) to melt from the heat build up when connections start to build up either corrosion or get loose, and then the problem just gets worse.

So inspect all the connectors for anything suspicious..signs of overheating, or wires going into the connector being to wiggly.

Thank you. i did manage to bypass the BMR. the reason these get so hot is that both the ground wire, and the hot lead pass thru the harness right next to each other. you can jumper the black to black(completes the ground) and red to purple(completes the 12v hot)

there are clear signs of the wiring overheating at the BMR harness. i'm going to cut off the harness and hardwire with an on/off toggle until i can get to the junkyard for a new one.

Thanks Again!

Add your comment to this topic!