Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Focus 2012 SE Digital odometer after flood

AnalogJvol
01-14-2016, 01:45 PM
So I've run into quite the predicament. I have/had a 2012 focus se that was caught in flash flooding in southern OK a few weeks ago. The insurance has already evaluated it as a total loss, but won't payout until they have a somewhat accurate mileage reading. The problem with this is that the digital odometer along with all the electronics in the vehicle was fried. I was wondering if anyone knew of some sort of backup in the vehicle. All the paperwork associated with maintenance and oil changes were in the glove box and are unreadable. I tried calling the last place I had an oil change, but they changed management and only kept records from the last 6 months. They won't take my word for the mileage, and I did the last 2 oil changes myself.

aleekat
01-14-2016, 02:48 PM
Can't believe they are making you jump through hoops like that. Why can't they just use industry average, ie 12k a year?

paulfromoh
01-14-2016, 05:08 PM
Who is your insurance company?

AnalogJvol
01-14-2016, 05:27 PM
Geico

paulfromoh
01-14-2016, 06:49 PM
That sucks, not even an agent you can speak to face to face...

Try calling and only speaking to a supervisor. Make sure you get their name and any kind of employee ID #

If they give you the run around then use social media. Facebook, instagram, twitter, etc.
Explain your problem politely and give details... Add all agents names you speak with and hashtag geicosucks, geicoscrewedme, nogeico, GEICOinstrancesucks and any other variation you can think of.

They pay a department to watch social media and if you get their attention then things move quicker.

Just don't go on a ranting rage or you look bad

Add your comment to this topic!