Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Scalefinishes

88Porsche944
01-05-2016, 09:08 PM
Does anyone know if Scalefinishes is still around?
I ordered about 3-4 weeks ago. No answer to emails nor has anything arrived.

Thanks,
Trevor

star21
01-05-2016, 11:21 PM
I was trying to send Jameston emails to order more paint but replies were a bit delayed (my last one in mid November went unanswered). Prior to that ordering from him was fine (typically took less than 2 weeks). I figured something might've happened so unfortunately i had to shop around for preferably another stateside paint shop. In that search i found Gravity Colors ( www.gravitycolors.com ). Matt was real professional in the emails i received from him. I have the paint from him but haven't had a chance to use them yet.

mchernecki
01-06-2016, 09:32 AM
Jameston is still in business. I received some paint over the Christmas holiday. Last I heard he was very busy and was working through the backlog.

BVC500
01-06-2016, 09:35 AM
Yeah, Jameston has been going through tough times. My order from November hasn't arrived yet either, and I didn't receive a response from my December email.

Gravity colors is another option, but I don't think they are equipped yet to handle custom paints like Scalefinishes, because when I inquired, I was told that the paints come from Europe and they would follow-up on my request, but I never received a response.

mchernecki
01-06-2016, 09:42 AM
Zero paints are also now available in North America from Hobbyworld-USA (http://www.hobbyworld-usa.com/Store/). But like Gravity paint they are European based and their selection is limited to European/Import cars and race colors. Scale Finishes is still the best source for paint.

88Porsche944
01-06-2016, 01:37 PM
Scale Finishes is still the best source for paint.
..and price point.
Thank you all for the responses. Email this morning, my order was shipped.

cjsbosox
01-06-2016, 06:07 PM
I have used and loved his product for some time. I even promoted scale finishes to every builder I have met. The turnaround was fast and his replies to emails was same day. Recently someone I know contacted me because he has waited for week on his items without any response. I emailed as well and have not gotten a response. I feel bad because I made the recommendation. I know things happen in life, so I hope he is doing well. I will just find another place to shop.

BVC500
01-09-2016, 08:21 PM
Got my stuff today! Jameston is a great guy and he's nearly caught up, so if you haven't received your package, it should be coming soon.

cjsbosox
01-10-2016, 02:27 PM
Got my stuff today! Jameston is a great guy and he's nearly caught up, so if you haven't received your package, it should be coming soon.

That's great to hear. Though I still feel that communicating with your customers is part of running a business. I hope that also gets caught up on. I like the product. But I will not promote nor use it until things change. Thanks for the update

MateMayer
01-13-2016, 05:56 PM
Hi Guys,

This is Matt from Gravity Colors. I would like to clarify some things here and answer your questions. I always reply to all emails that are sent to us through our website. If you have not received a reply back from us, then it means our email landed in your spam folder. Or got blocked as spam. Especially Yahoo has issues with company emails and blocks them as spam.

We also do custom colors as well. We have a custom color order form on our website:
http://gravitycolors.com/us/custom-colors/

Custom colors are fulfilled and originated locally from Florida. All our regular colors we carry on our website come from Europe and we keep a big stock of all of those colors here in Florida. We use 2 day priority mail service. Orders should be delivered within 4-5 days after placing order on our website. Shipments can be tracked by customers when they log in to their Gravity Colors account at www.GravityColors.com

Every month we release 5-10 new colors so our color selection is growing month by month.

Customer service is our priority and I do reply back to all questions and comments right away. If you don't receive any replies then it was not delivered or ended up in your spam folder.

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions!

Thanks a lot,
Matt Mayer

Add your comment to this topic!