Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

HELP! - Changing BRAKE PADS on my '94 GS-R

CrazyModGSR
07-01-2003, 12:11 AM
I got my 94 'Teg GS-R about a month and a half ago. Haven't gotten to hands on with it yet. Anyway, needs brake pads bad, or I will be grinding soon. Need to know:

1. What kind of pads do I need just to replace the stock ones (semi-metallic, etc.)? Just going to local auto zone, etc. for them... not looking for performance pads necessarily (altough a "lighter dust" might be nice).

2. Should I change the rear along with the front? I can't tell if they are squeaking too, and visibly it looks like they have a little meat left to 'em.

3. I have buddy club side skirts on my car, but not lowered. Still, low enough to not give enough clearance for the jack. Also, I don't have the stock Integra jack, so is another "universal" or similar jack OK? And since the side skirts interfere with the jack points, where should I jack up the car (mainly in the front)?

4. Some guy told me that I may have a problem with the computer chip because when I push back the caliper piston the pressure in the break line will change and the chip will give an error. Is this true. The guy I bought it from bought/installed a "racing" or similar chip (I don't know what kind or brand), so would this apply the same?

5. ANY other suggestions or tips that I will need to know for changing the brake pads, regarding ABS connections, or anything else would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks VERY MUCH
Tim

Add your comment to this topic!