Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Too Important To Miss

Suzanne
06-30-2003, 11:48 PM
:thefinger :feedback: :angryfire :swear: :banghead: :crying:
please please read my post about the grand am tranmission problem....
this says it all how i feel....there's no damn tranquilzer smiley though...

please read...i need some help...feedback...whatever you got.....

thanks

http://www.stupid-boy.com/smilies/contrib/drowned/transam-gray.gif
:loser:

I should have bought foreign......http://mysmilies.creativesell.net/contrib/drowned/transam-front-gray.gif I cant believe it......http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/contrib/edoom/sad2.gif

Flatrater
07-01-2003, 07:17 PM
Start with a trans service replace the fluid and filter! I bet you have it overfilled! Their is no cheap way to fix it. Also it could be a stuck valve in the transmission.

Suzanne
07-01-2003, 10:28 PM
I never added any transmission fluid. It never needed any and at 33,000 miles with me putting between 4,000 and 5,000 miles on it, I should not need to. I don't know if you understood what I read but I took it to an AUTHORIZED very reputable dealer in the area, remember the $85?, I would hope someone would have checked the valves.

Would you replace or repair a major part of a vehicle (practically 1/2 of it's value) you just bought 10 months ago and only got to drive about 8 of those months? Would you expect to? Oh...you say you would buy an extended warranty. Well, the reality is, that extended warranty would have made the car payments more than I wanted and seeing as the last two grand am's I sold in running condition had more than 100,000 miles on them, so I didn't. I just mistakedly thought that manufacturers still stood behind their products they manufacture and sell.

86 dollars for a tech to run tests on your transmission is cheap. SOmetimes we have to hook up a pressure guage to fully diagnose the car, their is no magic 8 ball we can shake to find out what's wrong. It takes time to find the problem! I recently went to my doctor my son needed his check up. 100 dollars for 10 minutes that works out to 500 dollars an hour! How many of you guys ever ask what a doctor charges an hour or a plumber? Why are you guys soo hung up on 1 hour of labor to run all needed tests to figure out what needs to be done. Doesn't the Doctor charge more for every test he does? We don't

I will remember this when I take my next 911 call and every subsequent call after that for an hour. Yes, they do pay me an hourly rate but that is no where near what a mechanic gets an hour to look at my car. Rather, I get to deal with more terrified or angrier people than I am right now, but I do it and I get them help. That's all I am was asking for here. Where do I turn to since GM wont stand behind their product.

Oh yeah...about that extended service warranty? Is that like the one I grudingly took for my computer where every single time I call, it's not covered?

Flatrater
07-02-2003, 07:22 PM
I wasn't trying to offend you with my response!

Let me see if I can make it clear to you!

First of all GM builds the car giving you a warranty for 36 months or 36K miles which ever one comes first. That is all they need to do! Sometimes GM will make a good will policy and cover something past the warranty period for good, loyal customers who got the car brand new! Also who always take the car to the dealers for the work. You are past the 36 months GM has honored the warranty and stood behind its product.

As for extended warranties the best one out there is called GMPP or General Motors protection plan, it is just like the bumper to bumper warranty GM gives. If someone buys a car for 15K and this policy costs 1K how much would it add to the monthly payments. We offer these plans to all car buyers and they run out of warranty they come crying the car is broken, our hands are tied you declined the extended warranty matter of fact you have to sign a form that you declined it! Then they want GM to pay for their lack of buying a protection plan. Why should GM bend over backwards?

Sticking valves are inside the transmission and it would need to be torn apart to check. At 33K miles you should have done 2 transmission services, where any done?

Since you are a 911 dispatcher how much money do you get and how much in bennies do you get? Bet you get more than me. In my area everyone would die to get your job and bennies! My shop rate is 56 an hour our of that if a tech sees 20% that is alot, you can do the math and see what I make. Go to your local dealer and look in the emplyee parking lot you won't see any BMW's. Most techs I know work a second job to survive I do! I punush my body everyday, I have abused it greatly and I am sure in 10 years I will be unable to do my job! You can retire after 20 years I can't. How much do you pay in medical every month? I pay 300 a month for medical and dental. How many tools do you need to do your job? I have over 40K in tools and box and I still have to pay 200 a month for tools that I need to fix your car. I pay every year to train and take tests osme of it comes out of my pocket.

This may sound harsh but no other way around it. What do you want GM to cover everything from the time they build it till it goes to the junkyard? When your computer needs fixing do you call the maker and say it should be fixed for free no matter how long ago you got it? Why should GM fix your car after the warranty has run out? Why do you expect the car to get fixed for free when it is abused, or neglected, I am not saying that is the case with your car. GM says they will fix the problem no matter what if it is a defect in material or workmanship! After 33K miles it can't be a defect

Now the only thing I can tell you to help get your car fixed is to call GM customer assisstance and ask if they will cover part of the cost of fixing the car. Tell them that you are the second owner and you always buy GM cars, that you plan on buying more GM cars. The best I could see GM doing is a 50-50 split where thay pay half but only if they want to. Or you could go see a lawyer and get nothing!

Suzanne
07-02-2003, 07:54 PM
Thank you.

whooparse
12-22-2003, 09:44 AM
Flatrater ,
Apparently there are some people that lack the respect for your experience and lifelong dedication to your industry . However , we all know that respect starts within .
I can understand and respect the emotion and frustration that goes along with serious automobile problems . I can't however understand the lack of greatfullness and respect that should go to a guy like yourself who spends his own time to help others .
If I ever have a question , Or if I ever have a need for an answer , I would be honored to hear what you have to say !!!!!

Keep up the good work and thank you .

Markgase2000
12-28-2003, 10:20 AM
Thanks alot Flatrater ,
Extended Warranty from GM is a good idea but only getting 15,000 miles for 1000 dollars is not a bargain. I purchased a bumper to bumper extended warranty called (SECURE DRIVE) purchased for 1000 cnd dollars and it gave warranty for up to 160,000 km or 100,000 miles , an additional 100,000 km or 60,000 miles extra in total. GM charges way too much so find a company like secure drive itll help.

Add your comment to this topic!