Page updated on 07-20-2017

Tenax-7R

willimo
11-11-2015, 11:37 PM
Is anyone else having a hard time finding this at their LHS? I know it's readily available online but I like to buy at least supplies like this at the LHS...

In trying to support my LHS I've bought Tamiya plastic cement which dries too slowly and too "soft," and I've bough Plastruct cement which smells like an old tent full of mildew.

Just trying to put stuff together tonight and feeling like this :runaround:

MPWR
11-13-2015, 07:49 AM
Now that you mention it, I think I may have never tried it. :eek7: I have more or less habitiually used the Testors liquid stuff- not because it's particularly good, but it has generally been available.

I'm making the trek to the regional hobby shop this weekend (there are no more local hobby shops :crying:). I will take a look and see if I can find a bottle.

MPWR
11-14-2015, 09:16 PM
They had it, for $6. So I got a bottle. They also had the Aoshima Mclaren F1 for $70, and the Fujimi one for $80- and that's probably why I have an rhs instead of an lhs.... :uhoh:

willimo
11-17-2015, 11:21 PM
Kit prices at the LHS are high, but I think they know it, especially on their offerings from overseas. They don't stock many. That's why I try so hard to support them on chemicals and scratchbuilding supplies. Their prices are fair and I just can't bring myself to buy cement or plastic rod online.... They picked their competitive niche, and I do what I can.

Add your comment to this topic!