Page updated on 07-23-2017

Transkits, glue?

bhop73
11-02-2015, 02:34 PM
Hi guys, i've got a transkit i'm currently working on. The parts are resin. Now.. i've built many resin figure kits, but I don't think i've ever built anything that has both resin and plastic.

With figures, I usually just pin the parts and use superglue. It seems to bond ok, but for gluing resin panels to plastic bodies, i'm not sure if regular superglue will hold ok. Should I go all-out and use epoxy glue (more difficult to work with) or stick with superglue? Any thoughts?

Kaj45rpm
11-02-2015, 03:18 PM
Cyno works fine. Just clean the resin parts first and prime with plastic primer.

MPWR
11-02-2015, 04:59 PM
Cyno works fine.

Yes, superglue will certainly do for resin/plastic. Wash everything (I use dish soap and an old toothbrush), glue it all in place, and then prime as usual.

MidMazar
11-02-2015, 08:00 PM
I had good experience with super glue. I tend to use super glue to hold the parts together and then use 2part epoxy glue for added strength. Super glue gel is my favorite.

Kjenjak
11-05-2015, 05:10 AM
Same here. I use superglue for panel-against-panel, and in many cases add pieces of sheet plastic on the inside of the body with 2K epoxy to strengthen the joint.

Add your comment to this topic!