Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

toyota in craftsman truck

fordjay16
06-30-2003, 10:03 PM
I am a major fan of ford racing and the whole ford motor company in genereal. but second to ford i like toyota, and i personally can't wait to see how hard toyota kicks are ass in the trucks. face it, toyota has the money to buy off the top teams and the only manufacturer who really puts a lot of effort into the truck series is dodge. I have heard rick crawford may drive for toyota. who else do you think should drive. I have also heard shelby howard may drive a ganassi truck, i think scott dixon should race a truck for ganassi too.

BullShifter
07-02-2003, 01:39 AM
who do i think?

ME:bigthumb:

Toyota in the trucks is cool, but seeing a Camry Winston Cup or should i say Nextel Cup car is gonna be weird. I heard Honda wants in also.

z33guy
07-02-2003, 08:51 AM
toyota is gonna be good for the sport. I dont think they will dominate like they are in the irl, but they will be good straight out of the box at daytona

fordjay16
07-03-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by jackasssi
who do i think?

ME:bigthumb:

Toyota in the trucks is cool, but seeing a Camry Winston Cup or should i say Nextel Cup car is gonna be weird. I heard Honda wants in also.

nope :nono: honda has said they aren't willing to go through all the crap and pay all the money to get into the cup. I heard that Nissan might get into the trucks since they have a full size truck now.

BullShifter
07-03-2003, 03:27 PM
Once Toyota is in, all the other auto makers will want in. Honda, Nissan, Hyaundai(whatever) Kia, maybe even Daewoo:eek:

Polygon
07-03-2003, 05:28 PM
So far it is a joke. I can't remember who, but I'll find out. He is a NASCAR two team owner. He lost his factory backing from Dodge since he was giving Dodge's engine to Toyota!

Flattering really. They haven't done well at all in NHRA, and they don't even use a Toyota engine in that. I don't see them doing that well in the truck series either.

fordjay16
07-04-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Polygon
So far it is a joke. I can't remember who, but I'll find out. He is a NASCAR two team owner. He lost his factory backing from Dodge since he was giving Dodge's engine to Toyota!

Flattering really. They haven't done well at all in NHRA, and they don't even use a Toyota engine in that. I don't see them doing that well in the truck series either.

yeah that was bill davis. i doubt he actually gave toyota an engine since he is in the winston cup and toyota hasn't even began working on a cup car.

fordjay16
07-04-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by jackasssi
Once Toyota is in, all the other auto makers will want in. Honda, Nissan, Hyaundai(whatever) Kia, maybe even Daewoo:eek:

:eek7: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

z33guy
07-04-2003, 07:59 AM
i think nissan and honda are the only ones the could handle the cash to run. But i think they are both to "japanese" to run. I think they will focus on other types of racing.

BullShifter
07-04-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by z33guy
i think nissan and honda are the only ones the could handle the cash to run. But i think they are both to "japanese" to run. I think they will focus on other types of racing.

Hmmmmmm . . . .Is that so? Even though 1/2 of the cars arent even built in japan?

fordjay16
07-04-2003, 12:42 PM
the only japanese car company i think comes close to being called american is toyota.

z33guy
07-04-2003, 01:04 PM
when i say to 'japanese' i think they are more interested in other motorsports than nascar. More traditional racing to them. And yes even with half of their cars being built here.

JWatson
07-11-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by fordjay16

and toyota hasn't even began working on a cup car.

Toyota already has 50 engineers working on cylinder heads alone:smile: for the truck series.

Why do you think they built a top secret
shop in North Carolina? Last year!

Just wait and see.....

Jeff

fordjay16
07-11-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by JWatson

Toyota already has 50 engineers working on cylinder heads alone:smile: for the truck series.

Why do you think they built a top secret
shop in North Carolina? Last year!

Just wait and see.....

Jeff

i know they are working hard on their truck. i've heard they may build a track just for the hell of it! they will field no more than 6 teams next year and one of them will likely be kvapil and rumor has it sprague will be his teammate. also i've heard that j.d gibbs (joe's son) is fielding a team next year and it may be toyota.

z33guy
07-12-2003, 12:16 AM
Toyota throws mad cash around and they will be good right out of the box. I expect some top teams, some new faces and even old ones to be in the line up. I cant wait to see how they do. I dont think they will be everyone as bad as they are in the IRL tho.

Add your comment to this topic!