Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Why didn't I buy a Camry years ago?

stratovani
10-19-2015, 02:52 PM
First time poster here in the Toyota Camry subforum. A couple of weeks ago I picked up my very first Toyota, a 1995 Camry, for $600, from a local garage. The mechanic who sold it to me told me the previous owner had a thing for Audis. The Camry was sitting in a field in the back of his garage, and when he started it up I expected it to sputter like a 20-year-old car normally should. Instead, it ran as quiet as a new car. I took it for a test drive and fell in love! It's a 20 year old car, with 132000 miles, and it rides fantastic! The body's a bit rough looking but I couldn't care less! The only thing is that it has 4 winter tires on it, and because of this the ride is a little noisy, but I'll be glad I have them when the next New England winter hits (soon, unfortunately).

I've has the car for two weeks now, and the only question I now have is - why didn't I buy a Toyota any sooner?? I'm a Toyota guy for life now! :iceslolan

Brian R.
10-19-2015, 06:47 PM
They make even better trucks. :)

Mike Gerber
10-19-2015, 07:19 PM
Welcome to the Camry forum and congrats on your purchase.

Consider getting 4 used wheels from a salvage yard and 4 new all season tires for the car. That way you can swap out the winter and all season tires yourself as the seasons change or have a garage do it for you. Those winter tires will wear out fast when driven at temperatures above 40 degrees on dry pavement.

Mike

Add your comment to this topic!