Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Zero paints 2K clear over Tamiya flat paint (TS Spray)

sam01contact
10-07-2015, 10:20 PM
Do you know if I can apply Zero Paints 2K gloss clear over Tamiya flat paint (TS spray)?
I have lots of Tamiya paint laying around, and I wonder if I would get a nice shine without problems.
Thanks in advance for your help!

modellmaker.
10-07-2015, 11:27 PM
Hi,

Yes that's no problem at all.
good luck,

modellmaker.

Monster_20
10-08-2015, 05:45 PM
Hi,

Similar to the original question, would Tamiya clear TS13 bring enough shine to tamiya flat paint?

Thanks

modellmaker.
10-08-2015, 11:21 PM
Hi,

Similar to the original question, would Tamiya clear TS13 bring enough shine to tamiya flat paint?

Thanks

Hi,

I don't use Tamiya clear TS13 spraycan so I can not tell you how glossy it is.
I use clear coat for my airbrush, sometimes 1k or 2k Zero-Paints.
But why do you use a gloss clear coat over a flat paint?
I think it's better to use a gloss paint and then a gloss clear coat.

Be carefull using TS13 over decals.
TS13 can be very agressive to decals sometimes.

good luck

modellmaker.

is200_adelaide
10-09-2015, 12:56 AM
Hi,

Thanks

Pretty sure I did TS-6 (matt black) & TS27 (matt white) then TS-13 over the top. turned out pretty good.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1142314

mattbacon
10-09-2015, 08:29 AM
If you're using both Zero basecoat and 2K clear, the basecoat is meant to go on matt, and does unless you spray it too thickly! So the 2K is quite capable of glossing a matt finish to a wet-look shine. TS-13 will do the same, though it's actually a lot "hotter" than Zero 2K, and in my experience can sometimes "melt" the underlying TS colour a bit, which is more of a problem with metallics because it moves the flake around and changes the colour, even if you can't see any actual "runs"...

bestest,
M.

Add your comment to this topic!