Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

pass. seat back won't lock into place

gw84
09-21-2015, 11:25 PM
1999 (older style)

the backrest of my passenger seat won't click into place. The truck has the 3rd door but right now the seat is leaning forward (if there were no 3rd door, it's in the position to let someone get into the back seat). Is there a fix for this or do I need a whole new seat? (I'd rather not have to tear the fabric off the seat to do any work and I think a new seat would be cheaper and easier if that were the case)

j cAT
09-22-2015, 08:30 AM
1999 (older style)

the backrest of my passenger seat won't click into place. The truck has the 3rd door but right now the seat is leaning forward (if there were no 3rd door, it's in the position to let someone get into the back seat). Is there a fix for this or do I need a whole new seat? (I'd rather not have to tear the fabric off the seat to do any work and I think a new seat would be cheaper and easier if that were the case)

most likely the seat has metal damage.. needs some welding. removal of the covering will be required. being this old find a scrap yard seat then swap out the material covering so it matches.

you could have a auto upholstery shop do it.have them add some cushion material as well..

Add your comment to this topic!