Page updated on 11-21-2017

Questions about Citroen rally car colours

Seamus McRae
09-18-2015, 09:19 AM
Hi all

Been playing around with Heller's DS3 WRC car today. I have a set of Hobby Design's decals for the 2012 car which replaces just the Red Bull's, so I would like to know what the match would be for the blue part on the front of the car. Is there a standard blue that Red Bull use across all their motorsport marketing or does it differ from application to application?

Also would like to know which blue Citroen used on their Telefonica sponsored Xsara's? Was it metallic like when Carlos was at Ford?

TIA

rallymaster
09-18-2015, 12:59 PM
Hi all

Been playing around with Heller's DS3 WRC car today. I have a set of Hobby Design's decals for the 2012 car which replaces just the Red Bull's, so I would like to know what the match would be for the blue part on the front of the car. Is there a standard blue that Red Bull use across all their motorsport marketing or does it differ from application to application?

Also would like to know which blue Citroen used on their Telefonica sponsored Xsara's? Was it metallic like when Carlos was at Ford?

TIA

Hi,

2006 Citroen blue is RAL5002 (same as Bozian and DIAC)
2012 DS3 RB blue is TS15 for the best match.

Seamus McRae
09-18-2015, 06:17 PM
Awesome.
Thanks Phil.
What about the blue front & rear bumpers with the Telefonica sponsorship from when Carlos was with the team? Was it metallic like when it was on the Focus?

stevenoble
09-19-2015, 04:47 AM
What about the blue front & rear bumpers with the Telefonica sponsorship from when Carlos was with the team? Was it metallic like when it was on the Focus?

No, it was not metallic, just straight Blue RAL 5002.

Add your comment to this topic!