Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

keyless entry remote 97 Lumina

dgmosley
09-11-2015, 09:55 PM
Trying to program keyless entry fob
I have a 97 Lumina bought a keyless fob from dealer using my vin after buying car someone has removed wire from trunk for programming need to know how to go to transmitter and where it is located or would it be the BCM to ground and which terminal would I use to program when I find them

Please help

Blue Bowtie
09-12-2015, 07:42 AM
Welcome Aboard!

A quick search would probably reveal the receiver clipped to the underside of the rear package shelf toward the right side. The 20-pin connector should have a BLK/WHT wire in terminal "L" which is the remote programming terminal.

Open a window to prevent unintentional lockout during the programming procedure,

Ground the "L" terminal (or wire) to initiate the remote transmitter programming. The system will lock then unlock the doors to indicate programming mode is active. Keep this terminal connected to ground throughout the reprogramming procedure.

Simultaneously press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the keyless remote for 15 seconds or until the doors lock and unlock once, indicating the keyless remote has been programmed.

Repeat this to reprogram any additonal keyless remotes, including any existing keyless remotes. Do not remove ground wire between programming of keyless remotes.

Disconnect the programming connector wire from ground to end the programming mode.

Test all programmed remotes and repeat as necessary.

Add your comment to this topic!