Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Where Does Everyone Shop??

CivicLx
06-30-2003, 04:53 PM
I know I've posted similar threads, but this is a little different. Just wondering where everyone shops at. I do all my shopping at one store in Modesto. I get EVERYTHING from them.
Where do you guys shop? Do you guys do mail order? I've done mail order a few times...never on the net, but just by phone...kinda funny...I got a few parts from Gravity Motorsports down south and they were great. Good customer service and fast delivery. Thing is, I read a post on another board and like everyone that posted had something negative to say. I think they ended up going out of business:confused:

Anyway, where do you guys shop? Do you shop around or do you just go to one place? Why do you go to that place? I go to the place I shop at just because the owners are hella cool. I think the prices are pretty competitive, but that really has nothing to do with it. Just like the people is all:smile:

SilverY2KCivic
06-30-2003, 06:52 PM
I usually go to (since I live close to them) Inline Four, JDM HondaParts, Autodynamic, Pit Crew Motorsports, and Impex motorsports. They all give me good service, esp. Impex, Autodynamic, and JDMHP. :bigthumb: :cool:

Jetts
06-30-2003, 06:57 PM
i shop at www.cynoptics.com and carrrnuttt's buddys shop, forgot the name

TheNotoriousMogg
06-30-2003, 10:59 PM
ebay.com

modacar.com

groupbuycenter.com

Jetts
07-01-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by TheNotoriousMogg
ebay.com

modacar.com

groupbuycenter.com

edit to mogg's list

www.cynoptics.com

sorry couldnt help it

whiteracer
07-01-2003, 02:14 AM
AutoLink Motorworks is about 1/4 mile from my house and i go there cause i can leave my car there an walk home, the chick who's kinda the store clerk and cashier is really cool in dealing and telling you everything, but most importantly, they have stuff and don't have to order it. Checked out another store that's not that close and they have to order a lot of their stuff, but they have seats i'm interested in. So just one shop for me. Once in awhile online but that's for like accesories and stuff not dealing with the engine.
www.autolinkmotorworks.com

Melt
07-01-2003, 11:13 AM
ebay

SilverY2KCivic
07-01-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by whiteracer
AutoLink Motorworks is about 1/4 mile from my house and i go there cause i can leave my car there an walk home, the chick who's kinda the store clerk and cashier is really cool in dealing and telling you everything, but most importantly, they have stuff and don't have to order it. Checked out another store that's not that close and they have to order a lot of their stuff, but they have seats i'm interested in. So just one shop for me. Once in awhile online but that's for like accesories and stuff not dealing with the engine.
www.autolinkmotorworks.com

I still gotta visit there sometime, I haven't been to AutoLink and I've been meaning to go.

TheNotoriousMogg
07-01-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Jetts

edit to mogg's list

www.cynoptics.com

sorry couldnt help it

nobody shops there :loser:

whiteracer
07-01-2003, 01:07 PM
Hey! i'm getting my seats from them....am i a nobody?

TheNotoriousMogg
07-01-2003, 02:00 PM
Hey! i'm getting my seats from them....am i a nobody?

nah your a :loser:

j/k

redvalkrie
07-01-2003, 04:27 PM
I know the owner of Modacar he used to sponsor my 95 Eclipse!

I shop, Modacar, Neauspeed, Azine Automotive, E-bay, and a lot more!

CivicLx
07-01-2003, 04:39 PM
Silver-Inlinefour is in Garden Grove?? I went there once when I was trying to find another shop...Vision Autodynamics...have you heard of that?

Jetts-carrrnuttt's buddy...is he the one with the...I think turquoise 90-93 integra? I've seen that car once when I went to a show in Phoenix. Used to be stationed in Yuma. Do you ever shop at Versus?

whiteracer-the girl at Autolinks is cool...but more importantly...is she hot:biggrin:

redvalkrie-how did you get sponsored by modacar? did you make a proposal...were you one of their show cars, or one of their race cars?

Have any of you SoCal guys ever been to Super VIP in Alhambra?

SilverY2KCivic
07-01-2003, 07:07 PM
Actually I4 is in Westminster, but i guess it's on the border of GG there. LOL! Anywho, I dunno the other shop your refering to, I know of VIS in El Monte, and Autodynamic (A&J Motorsports) in El Monte as well. Oh, I've gotten stuff from Islands Motorsport in Buena Park. Excellent staff, and a few hotties that work there too! :bigthumb:

Oh, on my way out to Cali Speedway in Fontana, I passed by this HUGE imort shop off the 10 freeway in West Covina called "Rice Motorsports" hahahaha! I about almost lost control of my G-ride while driving when I saw that. I shall definitely visit there some day soon. :loser:

Jetts
07-01-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by CivicLx

Jetts-carrrnuttt's buddy...is he the one with the...I think turquoise 90-93 integra? I've seen that car once when I went to a show in Phoenix. Used to be stationed in Yuma. Do you ever shop at Versus?

Carrrnuttt's buddy drives an s2000, no havnt shoped at versus they dont sell shit for my truck

whiteracer
07-01-2003, 07:33 PM
ok ok ok where do i start?!

Mike, on paper the chick that runs Autolink sounds hot, her name is Kitty Chan. I don't know when you saw her last but she ain't hot, ain't ugly either. Good comparison, she sells the magazines with the chicks on the front, she'd never be one them though.

and Matt, try to test your memory here...while driving on the 10 on the way to Fontana, there's Eastland shopping center with a circuit city, chili's, and BJ's. Right across the street from that is a 14 story Wells Fargo building. Its the only building, you can't miss it. I work on the 10th. Coming from Arcadia, i drive by Rice Motorsports every frickin' day! Everyday its the same question, "why?!". I bet if i look out the window or get on the balcony, i can see that place. But i have yet to visit it either. This area is a bunch of hispanics and white boys sporting the "Rice" apparel. (p.s. i don't believe in the term rice but its just easier to use it there.) I might just go there after work today but i'm afraid. Yes, i'm very afraid. The name says it all. I'll post a review if it's dramatically different than any other shops.

90hatchboi
07-01-2003, 08:33 PM
Mike i think you were askin about Visions? that was a shop that went out of bussiness from Stockton..it was called Visions Autowerkz

SilverY2KCivic
07-02-2003, 01:16 AM
and Matt, try to test your memory here...while driving on the 10 on the way to Fontana, there's Eastland shopping center with a circuit city, chili's, and BJ's. Right across the street from that is a 14 story Wells Fargo building. Its the only building, you can't miss it. I work on the 10th. Coming from Arcadia, i drive by Rice Motorsports every frickin' day! Everyday its the same question, "why?!". I bet if i look out the window or get on the balcony, i can see that place. But i have yet to visit it either. This area is a bunch of hispanics and white boys sporting the "Rice" apparel. (p.s. i don't believe in the term rice but its just easier to use it there.) I might just go there after work today but i'm afraid. Yes, i'm very afraid. The name says it all. I'll post a review if it's dramatically different than any other shops.

Yup, I remember the building you speak of, and I've shopped at Eastland before. Another COOL shope I want to visit and swing by sometime, is CNC Motorsports in I think it's either Chino or I'm pretty sure it's Ontario where it's at. Eitherway it's off Eighth st. if I remember correctily, Or maybe it's Vine? =\ Well somewhere in Ontario off the 10 freeway, LOL!

whiteracer
07-02-2003, 01:38 AM
don't go to CNC! There's two of them, one in Azusa and another of the 10 in Ontario. Never been to the Ontario one, but the one in Azusa just sells cosmetic stuff. No garage. No decent cars anywhere. The shop in the first Fast and Furious movie where he goes in and says the infamous line of something like "harry i need nos!" or whatever it is, is kinda similar to CNC in Azusa. I bought my black housing headlights from them, a few complaints; 1. over priced (later confirmed by someone else on these boards) 2. Didn't have a clue as to how to install anything 3. Couldn't refer to a place that could install anything, not even the few mufflers they sold 4. No brand names of anything, unless you consider APC 5. Ok, so NOS was another big company, but you'd at least think if they could sell a kit, they'd install it or know someone that could. 6. Limited access to the showroom unless you ask someone that works there, which for me were hard to get a hold of 7. After headlights had leak the day after i bought them, they told me i was screwed. 8. If altezza's are available for your car, they have it. If there's a light bulb you want in a certain color, they have it. Performance wise, you're screwed. The suspension mods weren't even a factor, there were none to speak of. Sorry, i have some issues with them. I'm feeling better now. Please, anyone else got any issues with them? Anyone else heard of them?...

and yes, it's true, Rice Motorsports does exist. I drove up to the parking lot this evening, even called them to see when they close, much to my suprise and delight, they have nothing to do with cars. The parking lot was full of motorcycles, atv's, and seadoo's. I don't understand the name, but i'm glad to see it isn't a shop full of Autozone's Aisle 4.

Mike, when did you go to Autolink? I tell her you said hi! j/k. I'll be there a lot this weekend (actually, only sat., they're close sunday's) spending a good chunk of money.

CivicLx
07-02-2003, 04:57 PM
white-lol...I've never been there before...I was just asking if that girl was hot...that's the important thing:biggrin:

Donny-never heard of Vision before...was asking some other guy about Versus in Phoenix...they had pretty good prices...like the dude wouldn't even look them up, he'd just think about it for a minute and then normally come up with a pretty damn good price...

He actually sold me my first kit which was the BW sides and rear I have now with the Streetfyghter II front. he sold it for like $675 and I told him I wanted to pick it up right from Ground Designs so he printed me out a receipt for like $850 so they wouldn't trip about the low price.

I dunno...I shop at WestCoast in Modesto and they're hella cool...never really knew the old owners. Only stopped in there a few times when I was home from the Marines. Normally I'd prefer shopping at PA, but the new guys at WC were hella cool and pretty much hooked it up right away so I buy all my stuff there.

YOUNGSTER
07-05-2003, 03:21 AM
method motor works there a sweet shop the girl who works there is gorgeous her names amy shes so hot and the guy who does the work hennit hes hella kool they have a dyno and everything its a sick lil shop its in fresno civiclx you might have heard of it since you live in modest which is pretty close to madera where i live and fresno is like 5 mins away. methodmotorwork.com and same name at .net

CivicLx
07-05-2003, 02:31 PM
I actually heard about it from a guy that works at wholesalehyperformance down in LA. I'm assuming they must be pretty good, if people in LA have heard of it.

Is the chick asian?

YOUNGSTER
07-05-2003, 06:43 PM
nope she white yeah thats where they get there motors i think but idk yeah there a good shop i plan on getting all my work done there like sleves ant turbo and etc.

redvalkrie
07-11-2003, 09:13 AM
CivicLX: Well I used to hang out there alot when I was part of CreativeImage car club. We became friends and he just started hooking me up with deals left and right sometimes free stuff.
He would say stuff like I wonder what this would look like of work like on your car and just out it on and give it to me!

I stopped going there cause of some negeative stuff that was going down with peeps showing up, I told him about my conflict with peeps & he just said no problems.
Also so 1 lit my Eclipse on fire, so I basicly lost my show car!

Now I go for the sleepers!

CivicLx
07-11-2003, 09:33 AM
damn red...I just had this long reply written up and when I went to send it, instead of posting it, it made me log in again...fuckin shit:mad:

anyway, sorry about your eclipse...assuming that wasn't an insurance scam:tongue:

where do you shop at now? said you're into sleepers...do you have any kind of project vehicle you're working on?

Frostbyte
07-11-2003, 03:17 PM
I shop from http://www.speedmachineracing.com and also http://www.driftmonkey.com

SS_DarkCivic
07-18-2003, 06:37 PM
mach performance since its the closest coo place to my area:bigthumb:

TheNotoriousMogg
07-19-2003, 12:15 AM
ebay or groupbuycenter

accordztech
07-19-2003, 01:44 AM
hot rod is pricy...but i got hooked up there. he hooks u up if u know him. the more u buy the better deal he can give you.

projecktzero
08-13-2003, 01:20 PM
all my friends are vendors and or manufactures....so there!!!!!:thefinger

Add your comment to this topic!