2003 Buick regal ABS light issue

superspeedy17
08-05-2015, 05:54 PM
Hello Everyone I have a 2003 Buick Regal LS Joseph Abboud Edition with around 60,000 miles on it. My problem is that last spring my anti-lock light on my cluster went off and I took it to an autozone and got it scanned and came with no trouble codes. The weird thing is when I run over speed bumps around 25-30 MPH for 5-10 minutes and then turn the car off and start the car up again the light goes away and the anti-lock brakes function normal again. Then two months later it the light goes off in my cluster and wont go away. Can anyone tell me what the issue is with my car? :frown:

Thanks

Blue Bowtie
08-05-2015, 10:20 PM
Someone with an ABS capable scanner (not AutoZone) will need to retrieve the stored codes. That's going to be the easiest way to find the problem. Chances are it is a wheel speed sensor or connection(s), but determining which circuit is not easy without the history codes.

GMCustomerService
08-06-2015, 10:40 AM
Hello Everyone I have a 2003 Buick Regal LS Joseph Abboud Edition with around 60,000 miles on it. My problem is that last spring my anti-lock light on my cluster went off and I took it to an autozone and got it scanned and came with no trouble codes. The weird thing is when I run over speed bumps around 25-30 MPH for 5-10 minutes and then turn the car off and start the car up again the light goes away and the anti-lock brakes function normal again. Then two months later it the light goes off in my cluster and wont go away. Can anyone tell me what the issue is with my car? :frown:

Thanks

Hello superspeedy17,

It looks like Blue Bowtie has a great suggestion! If I could chime in, I do want to apologize that you're experiencing this concern with your anti-lock brakes. I see that you took your Buick into Autozone to scan for possible codes, but if you decide to have a certified Chevrolet dealership take a look, I'd be happy to get you connected. If this is of interest to you, please send your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership in a private message.

Thanks!

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care

GTP Dad
08-08-2015, 10:01 AM
As stated by other members the scanners that they use at Autozone are not capable of scanning ABS codes. You need a higher end code scanner that will scan the computer properly. This issue can be as simple as a bad wheel bearing sensor or even a bad wheel bearing. It could also indicate a problem with the computer itself. I suggest that you take it to either a dealer or a full service shop that has the capability to properly scan the computer and facilitate repairs.

Dealers provide excellent service but they are expensive so a local shop may be an alternative choice for your repairs.

Add your comment to this topic!