Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2003 Chevy Suburban

Hyde0406
07-30-2015, 12:54 PM
I have a 2003 1500 Suburban Z71. I can be out driving stop somewhere come back out and the truck will not start. I can have it jumped and its good for a while. I have replaced the battery and alternator and still having issues. I have brought it in to the shop they have looked for a drain and nothing shows a drain. I looked at the recall #02066 and doesn’t look like my Vin # is included. VIN #3G265564 I am out of ideas, Can anyone help me out on this issue:runaround:

j cAT
07-30-2015, 02:00 PM
the will not start is the starter does not crank ? if with a new battery and alternator I would clean all the connections and have a meter handy to see if the volts is proper. battery drain is possible so any aftermarket electrical should be removed for the system pull those fuses see if you still have the problem' one item that can cause a drain is a bad BCM. this can leave on the radio/audio amps and other stuff this has a delay shutdown which may lose its shutdown and stuff stays on. auto mechanics are bad with wiring electrical issues.. the vehicle should have a test done that will measure the battery drain. this is done with a meter type clamp around the battery cable. with this type test current can be measured ... I myself have done this test . you can measure battery/alternator current flow engine on or with the key removed then measure how many milli-amps is in the drain.. 100MA is about normal 20MA is also a good reading. give it 15 min to cause the BCM to shutoff stuff. if its over 100MA then pull fuses to find whats still on...

bcopeland
09-16-2015, 07:11 AM
Maybe the starter is fused and its draining as it stays constantly in circuit. I'd go to an auto electric shop to diagnose.

Add your comment to this topic!