2003 Cavalier Power Window Problem

HitmanH
07-28-2015, 10:56 PM
I have a 03 Chev Cavalier that I have just replaced the drivers window motor in as well as replacing the console window control switches twice. Now the big problem I have is that as soon as I turn the key on and power comes on the drivers window goes down by it's self. Crazy I know but I've never seen or heard of anything like this before. Anyone have any idea whats going on here? I'm out of ideas! :banghead: Thanks in advance.

gmtech1
07-29-2015, 08:10 AM
I have a 03 Chev Cavalier that I have just replaced the drivers window motor in as well as replacing the console window control switches twice. Now the big problem I have is that as soon as I turn the key on and power comes on the drivers window goes down by it's self. Crazy I know but I've never seen or heard of anything like this before. Anyone have any idea whats going on here? I'm out of ideas! :banghead: Thanks in advance.

Was this problem there before you replaced the switch?

HitmanH
07-29-2015, 07:03 PM
Was this problem there before you replaced the switch?

No when I bought the car the drivers window wouldn't go down at all so I replace the whole window motor/track and tried 2 new switches. Weird isn't it? A guy at the garage told me it could be something to do with the cars control module or computer. Does that make any sense?

gmtech1
07-30-2015, 01:04 PM
The windows don't go through a computer or module on this vehicle. There is just power to the switch, the switch itself, the motor and ground. I'd start with another switch.

Add your comment to this topic!