2009 Sportage AC issues

masapell
07-21-2015, 01:29 PM
All: I am trying to arm myself with some information when I head back to shop. Back story: In March I noticed oil slinging on the compressor side of engine bay. Cooling was also beginning to waiver on AC and it began making noise. I took it to Firestone, as the warranty was out on the vehicle and Firestone was close and I had good luck with them in the past. They replaced the compressor with a new one ($600 just for that), the expansion valve and belt, along with a new cabin air filter. Everything was cooling fairly well in the cooler months, but is not cooling effectively, even at night. We took it back about a month and a half ago and they checked the system out and said it all checks out. Is there anything that might be going on, if they say the system is full charged?? Thanks in advance for any information.

Sincerely,
Matt

brcidd
07-21-2015, 01:46 PM
It all checks out?? Did they sit inside with doors shut in the sun and want to remain inside? "Does not cool effectively", and "all checks out" are at opposite sides of the spectrum- you need to do a dance in front of service manager- and let him sit inside the car for awhile.

masapell
07-21-2015, 07:45 PM
It all checks out?? Did they sit inside with doors shut in the sun and want to remain inside? "Does not cool effectively", and "all checks out" are at opposite sides of the spectrum- you need to do a dance in front of service manager- and let him sit inside the car for awhile.

Yeah, that is what my plan is! After $1200 it should be cold!! :)

Add your comment to this topic!