Page updated on 11-19-2017

Jules Bianchi

Seamus McRae
07-18-2015, 10:35 AM
Hello all

Straight up I want to say, if the mods deem this post inappropriate, then please deal with it as you wish.
I just wanted to post this as a mark of respect for the latest F1driver to lose his life as a result of injuries sustained at the track - Jules Bianchi. Along with most other people who follow this crazy sport, which could otherwise be considered a circus by some, this news has left me really quite sad.
Considering all the incredibly significant, broad-range, safety-related rule changes in the sport which have transpired since May 1994, the tragic accident involving Jules at Suzuka, the details surrounding the officials' handling of the crash site with Sutil, as well as the stewardship of the race in such appalling conditions, demonstrates the sport still has a way to go - confirmed by B. Ecclestone at some point between then & now in the wider F1 media (the publication or site I can't recall) when he said things should've been done differently.

I don't want this post to turn into a political football nor is it intended to be an assassination of the abilities of the marshalls at the Suzuka track - the news of Jules' passing will be hard enough news for them to accept. I post this in respect of Jules.

Although he drove for one of the lesser teams on the grid, he proved he had the mettle to be on the track with 21 other drivers. His drive to 9th in last year's Monaco GP, & maiden points haul for Marussia, is as fine a drive as you'll see from anyone. Let's not forget he was also a race winner in Formula Renault & the ultra competitive GP2 series

RIP Jules

jano11
07-18-2015, 12:32 PM
RIP Jules.
Well said Seamus.

dfellous
07-18-2015, 08:45 PM
RIP Jules

Add your comment to this topic!