Page updated on 11-19-2017

Belkits / Aoshima Volkswagen Polo R WRC as rallycross car

Johan_SWE
07-17-2015, 12:48 PM
Anyone with thoughts about using the not yet released Belkits / Aoshima Volkswagen Polo R WRC as a base for the current FIA World Rallycross entry of Volkswagen Team Sweden aka Kristoffersson Motorsport?

It should prove to be a decent start for such a project :licka:...

/J.

rallymaster
07-17-2015, 04:09 PM
:useless:

:lol: :lol:

hard to say without a sight on the model and the real car.
If the RC car is strictly based on the WRC car it should work well, but from my experience with RC cars they are real prototype with a WRC-like body so it's really necessary to have a close look to the cars and the model.

stevenoble
07-18-2015, 05:56 AM
Belkits are a brand in their own right and have no affiliation with Aoshima. You're probably thinking of Beemax/Aoshima..?? Who have recently teamed up to produce some rather nice rally cars in 1/24th scale...

Johan_SWE
07-18-2015, 07:06 AM
Belkits are a brand in their own right and have no affiliation with Aoshima. You're probably thinking of Beemax/Aoshima..?? Who have recently teamed up to produce some rather nice rally cars in 1/24th scale...

Hi,

Yes you are right, they are different companies.
But take a look at how HLJ presents the kit:
http://www.hlj.com/product/aos09737
It might be that HLJ labelled the manufacturer wrong or that Aoshima is the importer for Japan för the Belkits items.

Anyway, for us Europeans the kit I refer to is made by Belkits.

Seamus McRae
07-18-2015, 11:00 AM
Have to agree with Phil. I've got a set of decals to do Petter's Citroen &, unbeknowns to me at the time of ordering, I have a bit of work ahead of me to modify Heller's kit to get close to Petter's car. The only similarity between the 2 is that they both started out as a DS3

MidMazar
07-18-2015, 11:13 AM
I've been patiently waiting for this release. I'm glad its almost here. I hope a newer R will be produced by one of the companies.

klinad
07-19-2015, 01:26 PM
Hi,

Yes you are right, they are different companies.
But take a look at how HLJ presents the kit:
http://www.hlj.com/product/aos09737
It might be that HLJ labelled the manufacturer wrong or that Aoshima is the importer for Japan för the Belkits items.

Anyway, for us Europeans the kit I refer to is made by Belkits.
These two companies have some connections between them, as we see they have a joint exhibition place at a model show, but Belkits probably develop kits on their own..

RonCla
07-19-2015, 09:22 PM
These two companies have some connections between them, as we see they have a joint exhibition place at a model show, but Belkits probably develop kits on their own..

Belkits describe themselves as a Belgian manufacturer of plastic model kits and Aoshima say on their facebook page they are distributing Belkits to:

China
South Korea
Tiawan
Hong Kong
Malaysia
Indonesia
Philippines
Australia

Add your comment to this topic!