Page updated on 11-22-2017

Tamiya Nismo Custom R32 GTR - August release

circuitR
07-05-2015, 06:11 AM
Dunno if this is big news or not, but it's got me interested. I was shopping online and saw that Tamiya is going to release a Nismo version of the R32 GTR. No pics yet, I hope it's more than just a decal sheet.

NewTom
07-05-2015, 06:18 AM
Dunno if this is big news or not, but it's got me interested. I was shopping online and saw that Tamiya is going to release a Nismo version of the R32 GTR. No pics yet, I hope it's more than just a decal sheet.

It's gonna be more than a decal sheet!
http://www.tamiya.com/japan/products/24341/index.htm

Seems like a new body, a new set of wheels, steering wheel, some new parts in the engine bay, new piping for the turbo, tower bar.

Looking forward to it :evillol:

nugundam93
07-05-2015, 03:14 PM
seems to me they're reusing the Gr.A body parts (and brakes). Rims from the r34 Z-Tune. new decals. steering wheel not sure from where, muffler and tower bar maybe from the Gr.A kit too? not sure where they'll borrow the fmic and related piping though, from what i recall, the Gr.A kit had the same as the street version.

guess what? i'm still buying this once this comes out! :)

here's the english link: http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/24341/index.htm

Veyron
07-05-2015, 05:17 PM
I want.

circuitR
07-05-2015, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the link guys. Can't wait to see more pics of it. I was about to buy the R32 GTR, but might hold off for this. Or I'll get both lol

petesy
07-05-2015, 11:49 PM
seems to me they're reusing the Gr.A body parts (and brakes). Rims from the r34 Z-Tune. new decals. steering wheel not sure from where, muffler and tower bar maybe from the Gr.A kit too? not sure where they'll borrow the fmic and related piping though, from what i recall, the Gr.A kit had the same as the street version.

The Gr.A kit has a separate part for FMIC (the stock version has a solidly molded mash for the front bumper opening instead) and plain piping for the turbos without the "twin turbo" badge. I guess they will reuse those as well, which are on the same Gr.A sprue. Maybe the Nismo steering wheel from the Gr.A kit as well.

The Gr.A kit has a straight pipe, so the new muffler will come from somewhere else.

The new kit will also have metal emblems for the NISSAN and GTR badges.

Mr Plumb
07-06-2015, 08:15 AM

Some interesting points there! I was making a new video of some upcoming releases and gave you a shout out on the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzztp5ijYuc

NewTom
07-06-2015, 08:49 AM

Seems like my hopes were way too high.... I forgot about the Gr.A body parts.... We might only get that with bits and pieces from different Skylines.

Anyway, I want one :rolleyes:

nugundam93
07-06-2015, 10:02 AM
The Gr.A kit has a separate part for FMIC (the stock version has a solidly molded mash for the front bumper opening instead) and plain piping for the turbos without the "twin turbo" badge. I guess they will reuse those as well, which are on the same Gr.A sprue. Maybe the Nismo steering wheel from the Gr.A kit as well.

The Gr.A kit has a straight pipe, so the new muffler will come from somewhere else.

The new kit will also have metal emblems for the NISSAN and GTR badges.

now that you mention it, i stand corrected. thanks :)

shame on me, and to think i currently have the street r32 as my WIP (just had to redo a door panel as the paint got dinged by the mounting surface shortly after the paint had just been laid :icon16:)

Veyron
07-06-2015, 02:12 PM
Maybe it's a sign Tamiya will make the 2015 Nismo GT-R. :iceslolan

nascar49
07-06-2015, 04:26 PM

I know one company that wants to do it....................

TheStashProject
07-06-2015, 04:26 PM

They'd have to update the entire kit out of 2007 Spec first. If anyone is going to do one it would be Aoshima, they've already got the base kit updated into the current model year.

Veyron
07-06-2015, 04:48 PM
They'd have to update the entire kit out of 2007 Spec first. If anyone is going to do one it would be Aoshima, they've already got the base kit updated into the current model year.

I'm wishful thinking because to my eye Tamiya has the best proportioned R35.

tonioseven
07-07-2015, 11:28 AM
I want this kit. Now. Elliott, I also enjoyed the video!! :sunglasse

ZoomZoomMX-5
07-07-2015, 08:50 PM
I guess this is a sign that I should finally by an R32? Somehow I've managed to go without all this time. I have an R33 and Flyonthewall's NISMO 400R conversion set, this R32 would be a good companion...and I saw one this weekend :sunglasse

nascar49
07-07-2015, 09:53 PM
I'm wishful thinking because to my eye Tamiya has the best proportioned R35.

Read between the lines

lovegt40
07-08-2015, 04:51 AM
I still wonder how the r32 can be so wonderful car after so many years...

Mr Plumb
07-08-2015, 05:43 AM
I want this kit. Now. Elliott, I also enjoyed the video!! :sunglasse

Thanks brother, hope you're well!

tonioseven
07-08-2015, 08:51 AM
I guess this is a sign that I should finally by an R32? Somehow I've managed to go without all this time. I have an R33 and Flyonthewall's NISMO 400R conversion set, this R32 would be a good companion...and I saw one this weekend :sunglasse

Shame on you!!! :iceslolan

It was the purest of the breed in my eyes.

Thanks brother, hope you're well!

Thank you, so far, so good!! Just not enough bench time!! I will subscribe to your channel ASAP!! :cool:

nugundam93
07-29-2015, 05:24 PM
at least tamiya USA's updated their page with better pics. the tamiya english isn't updated.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/plastic-model-series-20/1-24-scale-sports-car-8000/nissan-skyline-gt-r-(r32)-24341

i've also seen a shot of the extra parts (which included the rims in the runner), for the life of me i can't recall where i saw it and my google search powers is not at it's peak right now (lol!).

Murco
07-30-2015, 02:43 AM

I drove one for a month while doing duty in Japan in 1990 and must say, I was quite impressed by its performance! It was a hoot then BUT, in reality, I can't imagine it would be so impressive today plus... it's a 25 year-old Nissan! Ask a HICAS-equipped 300ZX Turbo or 240SX owner what they think of that tech, you'll find 90% have them disabled. There are several other technologies on those cars that wasn't terribly reliable over time. Yes, a very pure vision in its time and the tidiest of GT-R designs but I'd avoid owning one today.

That said, this kit will end-up on my bench to sit beside the replica of the car I drove! Those brakes look sweet!!!

Add your comment to this topic!