Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 Pa no power windows

Jackspratz29
06-28-2015, 10:06 PM
Yesterday all four of my power windows stopped working in my 99 PA. The radio also has no power. I checked all the fuses in both fuse boxes (under the rear seat and in engine compartment.) Everything checks out... what am I missing?

Tech II
06-29-2015, 11:55 AM
Did BOTH happen at the same time?

Check the circuit breaker in the Underhood Maxifuse Block....

All these PW circuits communicate on the serial data line....if that is down, that could be another problem....need special scan tool, like a Tech II, to check that out...

Jackspratz29
06-29-2015, 02:27 PM
Thanks for your response.

Radio/clock and power windows both went out at the same time.

I rechecked the circuit breakers under the hood.

One new thing I noticed, I can hear one "click" from each window motor as I try to activate. Apparently, there is power to the relays in the doors, but window motors will not engage.

Tech II
06-29-2015, 09:04 PM
The power window circuit on this vehicle is not like older cars, which just had motors, switches and wiring......

This system has a door module, in each door.....Switches communicate via serial data through the door modules(the modules activate the window motors)...so if the serial data line goes down, you can lose your windows......this should set a communication code...however, since the radio went out at the same time, I would be looking for something common between the two systems....you will need wiring diagrams for that....I doubt they use the same power legs......however, they could have a ground between them, that they share.....that's where I would be looking....a ground common to both systems.....

Sometimes these grounds are located under the carpet......lift the plastic sill from one of the front door openings and put your hand under the carpet....if it is "wet" under the carpet, a ground could be "corroded" under there....

Add your comment to this topic!