Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Sketching and Drawing contest #1 ~voting~

Ran
06-30-2003, 12:25 PM
OK, vote for the drawing you like the best, the voting ends in 20 days from now, and the winner will get a banner, with #1 as the member #.
the winner will allso have the ability to chose the next rounds pic.

u cant vote more than once.

in this comp only 3 members of S&D crew have entered, hopfully next time there will be more.

these are the entries:

Drawing 1: http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/636789finalsmall.JPG

drawing 2: http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/229192Lambo.jpg

drawing 3:http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/725288scan0067.jpg

you just vote for the drawing u like best bye pressing on the drawings # in the poll.

-Ran

asaenz
06-30-2003, 02:02 PM
Wow, :biggrin: all three look awesome.

May the best artist win.

Can't wait to see the next pic for the next comp.

al

simdel1
06-30-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by asaenz
Wow, :biggrin: all three look awesome.

May the best artist win.

Can't wait to see the next pic for the next comp.

al

you didnt enter al?

well i look forward to seeing next months entry then:bigthumb:

AirAllen01
06-30-2003, 04:31 PM
That ain't fair, my parents scanner messed up my car! :frown:

I prolly woulda lost anyways. :lol:

simdel1
06-30-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by AirAllen01
That ain't fair, my parents scanner messed up my car! :frown:

I prolly woulda lost anyways. :lol:

yours is the second one?

looks very good:bigthumb:

Ran
06-30-2003, 05:03 PM
they all look very very very good, but its just the styles..

i think all of them should win, but sadly there can only be one winner:frown:

Ran
06-30-2003, 05:05 PM
BTW: can a mod please make this important, we need the people to see it and not to search for it. we want people to vote.

Thanks in advanced,

Ran

asaenz
06-30-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by simdel1

you didnt enter al?

well i look forward to seeing next months entry then:bigthumb:

Nah I had full intensions believe me, but with school and work, I was maxed out. I have two other projects I need to finish. I really want to try the next one (comp). It looks like you are the favorite at the polls :)

al

AirAllen01
07-01-2003, 08:24 AM
Can we just go ahead and name Simdel1 the winner, cuz I don't thinks it's possible for him to lose now.

Bimmerkid
07-01-2003, 12:17 PM
Woah, the first one is just..amazing :eek:

Hawk312
07-01-2003, 12:27 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wow!!! I can`t vote! They all look way to good!! Super job on all 3!!!!!!!!

AirAllen01
07-01-2003, 04:12 PM
Yeah, someone finally voted for me.....out of pity I'm sure.

94SolGrl
07-01-2003, 09:28 PM
Simdel... that's farking beautiful. Maaad props. :bigthumb:

eslipseaudi
07-03-2003, 01:05 AM
I should have taken more time and colored mine(The one 3rd one)

Slipknot
07-03-2003, 02:05 AM
Hands down number one!:eek:

XenoKryst
07-03-2003, 10:04 AM
Wow! Nice efforts on all contestants. Although I expected a lot more entries than that when I first read about the contest.

Any hints as to what you're gonna choose for the next contest car simdel? :confused:

*ahem* maybe a [GTR] or some kind of import?

Ran
07-03-2003, 12:00 PM
:tongue: shure is gonna be a good pic, cause his board:biggrin: :icon16:

simdel1
07-03-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by XenoKryst
Wow! Nice efforts on all contestants. Although I expected a lot more entries than that when I first read about the contest.

Any hints as to what you're gonna choose for the next contest car simdel? :confused:

*ahem* maybe a [GTR] or some kind of import?

i remember that al (asaenz) said that he had a good idea...ill ask him what it was before i decide.

AirAllen01
07-03-2003, 04:39 PM
Hey, I could still win.....lol :lol:

asaenz
07-04-2003, 12:37 PM
Ran are you really going to let this thing go 20 days or whatever you had mentioned. I am just asking, not complaining. :) Thanks man

Ok, here is my idea no need to do it, just my thoughts.

I thought (if Simdel1 wants to) it would be cool to post several possible photos for the next comp and have everyone vote for the one photo that we would like to use as a reference.

Here is to cool part the competition would be opened to modifications on the car, basically keep the over-all pose/angle of the photo but allow for color change, rim change, ground effects, lowering, and whatever.

That is all I was thinking.

Perhaps we can send photos to Simdel (if he wins) and he could pick the one he would like us to use or set up the poll with user's submission ref. pics. and let everone vote for the next reference.

Folks we don't have to do anything I mentioned I am just throwing out ideas. I guess it is all upto the winner. :)

al

knoxciso
07-04-2003, 01:06 PM
I agree with asaenz, the winner shoudl really be apparent within 3-5 days, and not much people visit this foryum,., also good ideas for the next competition!

how about a competition with no pics, only words , for example : Draw Lamborghini's next flagship supercar. Use 3/4 angle.
that would kinda help us use our imagination

simdel1
07-04-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by knoxciso

how about a competition with no pics, only words , for example : Draw Lamborghini's next flagship supercar. Use 3/4 angle.
that would kinda help us use our imagination

that would be great...the only problem is the number of entries. we had only 3 when it was a simple ''draw this picture'' competition. if its any harder, less people will probably enter:eek:

knoxciso
07-04-2003, 02:02 PM
true that:frown:

Ran
07-05-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by asaenz
Ran are you really going to let this thing go 20 days or whatever you had mentioned. I am just asking, not complaining. :) Thanks man

Ok, here is my idea no need to do it, just my thoughts.

I thought (if Simdel1 wants to) it would be cool to post several possible photos for the next comp and have everyone vote for the one photo that we would like to use as a reference.

Here is to cool part the competition would be opened to modifications on the car, basically keep the over-all pose/angle of the photo but allow for color change, rim change, ground effects, lowering, and whatever.

That is all I was thinking.

Perhaps we can send photos to Simdel (if he wins) and he could pick the one he would like us to use or set up the poll with user's submission ref. pics. and let everone vote for the next reference.

Folks we don't have to do anything I mentioned I am just throwing out ideas. I guess it is all upto the winner. :)

al
well, i just wanted to give other people an option of winning.
it doesnt say that the next comp wont be in the moddle of the voting.
lets just say, that after 10 days from the voting the winner is called, and in the other 10 days he can pic a pic. or when he pics a pic:icesangel he will send it to me, and i will start a thread for the next comp.

the "drawing ralley" goes like this:

the first round (#1 goes to finals)
second round (#1 goes to finals)
third round (#1 goes to finals)
forth round (#1 and #2 goes to finals)

so there will be 5 people in the finals.

in the final a pic will not be chosen bye a winner of the comp.
(al: ill PM u about that:wink: )

and the winner of the final gets to be member #1 and gets a special banner that i will make for him.

Ran

Ran
07-05-2003, 08:51 AM
[quote:Use 3/4 angle.
that would kinda help us use our imagination]

hmm.... that can be cool, but some of the people might not know the car and what it looks like, so im not shure it can go in this comp, but after the "drawing ralley" ends, we can start it:smile:

Ran
07-06-2003, 06:39 PM
Oops, im not shure i understood you, but if u said that i will get u a 3/4 view pic of a car, than thats not a problem. but only if no one has any problems with it.

-Ran

knoxciso
07-06-2003, 07:30 PM
I don't think anyone will have a problem with it. I swear no one goes to this forum :tongue:

Ran
07-08-2003, 05:34 AM
lol, ok, so simdel can choose a pic in 3/4 view cause he is the winner of this comp, but he doesnt have to if he doesnt want..:iceslolan

simdel1
07-13-2003, 03:42 AM
ok, i will try to get a selection of pictures ready for a poll so you lot can decide which drawing you want to do. :bigthumb:

asaenz
07-13-2003, 06:00 AM
Simdel 1 you are a nice guy.
Thx

al

Ran
07-14-2003, 05:52 AM
ok, i will try to get a selection of pictures ready for a poll so you lot can decide which drawing you want to do. :bigthumb:
okay, just do it fast cause we have to start off with the new round..

simdel1
07-14-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Ran

okay, just do it fast cause we have to start off with the new round..
i have all the pictures sorted, but i dont know how to do a poll:rolleyes:

simdel1
07-14-2003, 11:08 AM
never mind...iv worked it out
:bigthumb:

simdel1
07-14-2003, 04:38 PM
just to check with everyone, is it ok if i put some kind of banner in my signature...like this

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/466963winnercopy.jpg

if not, i dont mind

AirAllen01
07-15-2003, 08:15 AM
That's a pretty sweet deal. I like that banner.

Ran
07-15-2003, 09:46 AM
just to check with everyone, is it ok if i put some kind of banner in my signature...like this

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/466963winnercopy.jpg

if not, i dont mind

as long as u made it, i dont care if u use it, but that allso means that it wont be as a banner, but do whatever u want.

Add your comment to this topic!