2004 Impala lights does the physical switch auto turn off?

dorlow
06-01-2015, 06:41 PM
I've owned my car for many years. But recently, I had the factory radio swapped out with an after market radio. Long story short, I had to have them bypass the factory harness due to an electrical issue, and this got rid of my factory dinging. I'm 99% sure I turned on my lights this morning on the way to work. As I was leaving work, I noticed my odometer was fully bright but my after market radio was dimmed. I then noticed my lights were on. Thinking back, I'm 99.999% sure I didn't turn them on when I was leaving work. But I'm pretty sure I turned them on when driving to work, which means I left them on all day. But then if they really stayed on for 10 hours, I'd have to have a dead battery. So, only logical explanation is that the car auto turns off the lights even when leaving them on with the physical switch. Can anyone confirm this is a feature in 2004 Impalas or did I just totally forget turning them on when I left work?

SierraK1500
07-20-2015, 11:34 AM
Usually replacing the radio doesn't cause issues with your auto headlight dimmer circuit. Have the headlight switch checked. If the lights went off when you shut the switch off, you left them on.

Did you use a factory harness adapter when installing the radio? Did you cut and splice wires?

John

Add your comment to this topic!