99 century blower quit

shyann_62801
05-22-2015, 01:52 PM
My defrost/heater/ac worked great but.. Since my intake pipe started leaking as it goes into the water pump when I turn on the defrost/heater or ac it dont blow-turn on. What could it be? It worked really good before.Need any help I can get. Thanks!!

Blue Bowtie
05-23-2015, 12:34 PM
Check the fuses in the underhood electrical center (UEC) and in the instrument panel (IP) fuse block. Chances are the fuses are intact, but it's an easy check just in case.

Another item of some importance is whether or not the vehicle has the fully automatic HVAC controls or manual control. The blower operation is slightly different between those two systems.

The automatic system uses a blower speed control module which is integrated to the HVAC control module in the instrument panel. The automatic system includes one 10A HVAC fuse and one 25A HI Blower fuse in the IP fuse block.

The manual system uses a five speed blower control switch and associated blower resistor assembly. For the manual system, the instrument panel fuse block has a HI Blower fuse and a LO Blower fuse, each 20A.

Which system is installed?

shyann_62801
05-24-2015, 02:43 PM
Not sure what system is installed.. Dont know anything about cars.Trying to do it myself.So if I look at the fuses and it is like burnt or broke in middle I replace them? I know there is something by the drivers side think its fuses. I will look under hood and see if I can find the fuse box.If I find a broken fuse can I take it to autozone and will they now what system I have on what fuse I need then? Very confused!! Thanks

Blue Bowtie
05-24-2015, 08:12 PM
The fuse panel in the interior is at the left end of the instrument panel as you describe. If your controls have a rotary switch for you to select speed, it is manual. If the controls have push buttons for function and fan control, it is automatic.

shyann_62801
05-24-2015, 10:45 PM
It is a rotary switch ,you have to turn the knob to turn it on defrost/heater or ac and a knob to turn to select speed of air flow.

Blue Bowtie
05-25-2015, 08:46 AM
The system also uses a high speed blower relay and a blower resistor to vary the lower speeds. If the blower only operates on high speed the blower resistor is likely at fault, and that is fairly common. If the blower does not operate on any speed, including high, it could be fuses, the blower motor, blower switch, wiring, or other problems.

shyann_62801
05-25-2015, 09:38 AM
Oh my... I hope it is just a fuse. I will check my fuses. Thank you very much!!!

Blue Bowtie
05-25-2015, 10:41 AM
If you have a multimeter available, it is fairly easy to diagnose the rest.

shyann_62801
05-25-2015, 11:47 AM
I dont have a meter.

Blue Bowtie
05-25-2015, 12:40 PM
The fuses will generally indicate a failure visually. Check both of them in your application.

If the fuses are intact you will need a meter to diagnose further. I hate to spend your money, but it might be helpful to borrow or acquire at least a relatively inexpensive multimeter. Even something like THIS (https://www.doitbest.com/products/manual-digital-multi-meter) would work for you. It might have helped with your battery issue a few months back as well.

If you can fold yourself in half and access the lower instrument panel area on the right (passenger) side, remove the trim panel and locate the blower. The voltage to the blower motor can be tested by unplugging its two-wire connector and measuring directly with the blower turned on. If voltage is present and the blower does not operate when the electrical connector is installed, the blower motor itself may have failed. If not voltage is present, the problem may be with the control switch or blower resistor.

Just to the left and forward of the blower motor is a seven-wire electrical connector plugged into the blower resistor. The connector can be removed and voltage tested on the yellow wire. If voltage is present on the yellow wire but not at the blower power wire the resistor assembly may be bad.

The two screws holding the resistor in place can be difficult to access, but if the sound insulation and carpet are pulled back there is more room, and it IS possible. If the two screws are removed the blower resistor can be lowered out of position. Your eyes may tell you that is it burned, or you may have to meter the resistor assembly.

shyann_62801
05-25-2015, 12:44 PM
ok I will see if I can check this on my own.I Thank you very much for helping me with this!!

Blue Bowtie
05-25-2015, 01:23 PM
I don't mind helping out someone in my backyard if I can. Besides, people who will expend the effort to help themselves will get lots of attention. Those who give up will get little.

Add your comment to this topic!