Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Replaced Starter

Love My Sebring
04-04-2015, 09:14 PM
I had the "luxury" of changing the starter on this vehicle (2003 Chrysler Sebring LXI)last night. Though I love the use I got out of this vehicle, changing this part was a real pain in the &%$! I cannot complain too much because the car is 12 years old and over 202,000 miles! However, the design folks should be taken out to the shed on this one. Having to remove a motor mount to remove a starter? Who ever heard of such a tight fitting design that everything is soooo close and compact that working on this car you get a workout on just about everything you touch! Well I am up and running again and happy about that!

tableman
04-27-2015, 10:27 AM
This is what I was afraid finding in this forum. I am about to change my starter and was looking at what I will have to do to get at it. So i thought I would check here and see if I was missing something. Can you please tell me what symptoms you were having before you change the starter. With mine the starter circuit fuse kept blowing, then intermediate the starter would just click, and after a few tries, sometimes more, then the starter would turn over and start the car. Then I could go several starts with no problem.

Add your comment to this topic!