Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

trail blazer question 2008 4.2

autojoe
03-22-2015, 11:21 AM
back month ago temp was 3 degrees ran through a big deep pool water on road way.abs activated and finally got truck stopped.there was a engine vibration issue and also sounded like a exhaust leak when under a load.it stayed frigid cold for couple of days bottom of engine was ice covered and after the outside temp went above freezing and most all of the the vibration and exhaust loudness went away.Does anyone know what caused this?also still have a small vibration issue that can be felt through the gas pedal and sometimes through the steering wheel.very subtle though.Did not have any before the ice problem.just had 4 wheel alignment but did not take away small vibration issue.any ideas would be appreciated.thanks joe

Schurkey
03-23-2015, 12:06 PM
back month ago temp was 3 degrees ran through a big deep pool water on road way.
Curious: If the temperature was 3 degrees, why was the water still liquid instead of frozen? If you were from Canada, I'd maybe think you were talking about 3 degrees Celsius.

after the outside temp went above freezing and most all of the the vibration and exhaust loudness went away.Does anyone know what caused this?
Apparently, you had ice on the moving parts of the vehicle, and it caused imbalance or increased the transmission of vibration from one part to another which you felt and heard in the passenger compartment.

also still have a small vibration issue that can be felt through the gas pedal and sometimes through the steering wheel.very subtle though.Did not have any before the ice problem.just had 4 wheel alignment but did not take away small vibration issue.any ideas would be appreciated.thanks joe
If the ice is gone, all the "usual suspects" remain--tire/wheel imbalance, tire out-of-round, driveshaft and U-joint balance and condition, etc.

Surprised you feel vibration in the gas pedal, since that's electronic.

autojoe
03-23-2015, 06:31 PM
its weird.....when increased rpm sounded like an exhaust leak that got louder under load.went away when ice melted.the vibration was bad until ice melted and now is not very noticeable and is very subtle.What ever it is maybe will get worse before I can diagnose.I was thinking flex plate with ice on it.it was 3 degrees(F)water run off hill side and road crew salted road.....water went and covered windshield and froze solid on windshield and car was coming other way and could not see road and abs was going off and could not stop truck for a long way went off road little trying to avoid other car that I could not see except the head lights through ice coated wind shield.Thank GOD I was not killed.Thanks for reply.

Add your comment to this topic!