Water leak coming in firewall 1993 Cavalier help?

ChevyGirl1982
03-21-2015, 04:12 PM
I have a 1993 Cavalier and it's presented this weird problem, it was stored outside tapped this winter, the other day when I removed the tarp I found the passenger side floor soaked from front to back. This happened only one other time last year during some very heavy rainfall that lasted three days. Anyways after googling I read about a possible drainage tube being plugged along the firewall, I also read it could be a popped seal under the cowling grill? I pulled back the carpet looking for the "drainage tube" but I can't find it! I did however conclude it is coming from somewhere along the firewall as the firewall had condensation on it. Does anyone know where said drain is on this car so I can check it for a plug? Is there any other possible reasons why this would happen? It seems like a lot of water and it is def water not fluids from the car or anything. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me! :)

Crvett69
03-21-2015, 04:44 PM
if you have ac will have the drain tube, goes from the bottom of the inside heater housing through the floor/firewall and comes out under that car

ChevyGirl1982
03-21-2015, 05:01 PM
Thanx! I'll stop looking for that drain tube then since I don't believe there is ac in the car lol.

Tech II
03-22-2015, 07:38 AM
Could be just about anywhere....water in the vehicle, a tarp over it, moisture would be everywhere......the floor was not wet when parked? Did the tarp have a hole in it?

If the carpet is soaked, it should be completely removed from the car, and air dried in the sun or you will develop a mold smell.....

With the carpet out, you can then have someone wet down the vehicle with a hose, and then pinpoint from the inside where the leak is coming from....

ChevyGirl1982
04-10-2015, 03:47 AM
Thank you for the replies. When my father was over recently he spotted one of the corners on the windshield seal was lifted, I used some e6000 on it, so far so good, I'm going to check the floor tomorrow and see if it's wet again because we have had really hard rain the last two days, fingers crossed the floor is dry!

Add your comment to this topic!