Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

05 Malibu Maxx ABS, brake, and Traction Control light on

78silverbird
03-17-2015, 06:39 PM
I have an 05 Malibu Maxx and while driving it the other day the ABS, traction control, and Brake lights came on. After doing some looking online several said it could be a speed sensor or wiring to sensor in one of the wheel hubs. Took it to have codes run and was told it was the back left, checked the wires then replaced the hub but still have same issue. Any thoughts? Would be much appreciated.

la1
03-19-2015, 11:36 AM
keep the old hub it is probably good. I have an Impala and the chime would come on and my traction control would turn off, not sure if I saw the brake light come on. also had a message on the display on the dash ( base model impala) about the traction control being disabled. it did this everyday except when it rained , when it rained it worked perfect. So I replaced the wires from the speed sensor on the left driver side as far up to where the merged into the wire harness. you can get a kit with the metri-pack connector on the wire. forget their splice that comes with it I solder and used shrink tape with electrical tape wrapped around. I figured there was an open the the water bridged in the wire or connector.

Add your comment to this topic!