Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Individual brake line

Dano 00TA
03-13-2015, 07:02 PM
The main line between the abs black and rear of my 00 silverado started leaking so I pulled it off but cant find the line I need w/o buying a kit and I do not want to change them all....hard enough just getting this one out. Anyone know where I can find one besides a dealer (cost) or would a brake shop be able to bend me one using the old one? Thanks in advance.

gmtech1
03-13-2015, 07:09 PM
The main line between the abs black and rear of my 00 silverado started leaking so I pulled it off but cant find the line I need w/o buying a kit and I do not want to change them all....hard enough just getting this one out. Anyone know where I can find one besides a dealer (cost) or would a brake shop be able to bend me one using the old one? Thanks in advance.

Most lines anymore require you to bend and flair on your own. I make them almost every time. There are a few though that are available pre-formed.

Dano 00TA
03-14-2015, 01:32 AM
Most lines anymore require you to bend and flair on your own. I make them almost every time. There are a few though that are available pre-formed.

I tried to bend one and with all the funky bends, cant get it right. Gonna try to call a few places later today and see what I can get done.

j cAT
03-14-2015, 08:57 AM
I tried to bend one and with all the funky bends, cant get it right. Gonna try to call a few places later today and see what I can get done.

get a tubing bender. do not be all that perfect on this bending. I did this line on my 2000 silverado . the GM lines are made with defective metal. very soft and corrode fast. there are steel lines available in rolls of 25 ft with a coating to protect from rust threw... use plastic tyraps and loom to protect hold line in place. run though the frame rail. buy the flare fittings to slice in the new line. reuse the GM flare at the rear axle area. then forward of the fuel filter cut in the new line using SAE flares and the 45deg flare tool..bubble/double flare is used to handle the pressure. make some first so it is done correctly ... pinch the line forward of the fuel filter first to prevent fluid loss .. remove old line make new line close to the old with bender make longer then when the rear part is connected etc then cut off the forward pinched off old line and splice in new with the sae flare fittings.. you will need to flare the old line.. another way not really approved is to use compression fittings...no flaring. bleed right rear then left rear caliper.

rhandwor
03-14-2015, 10:07 AM
If you don't have a double flaring tool you can purchase two pieces and use a coupling with two female ends. Just purchase a tubing bender. Take your time it doesn't have to be perfect.

Add your comment to this topic!