Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

stalling issue?

fastlane44
03-03-2015, 10:43 PM
I've owned a Jk for a while now and it has been stalling in 2nd gear the last few weeks. I gave the car to my local service centre and they all tell me is that their computers doesn't show them whats causing it and that there is no problem.
Has anyone had this issue? i know its not my driving!!!

AngryRedBird
03-08-2015, 04:59 PM
@Fastlane.. You just purchased this jeep not long again and now you're having issues?.. One must realize that the jeep (at least ours) has a touchie shifting system.. In cold weather, it doesn't want to shift easily. Alos.. older jeep's have had an issue where the shifter would disengage from 2nd gear. Again with our jeep.. this is more prevalent with 1st gear. I'm assuming when you say stalling in 2nd gear, you're referring to a manual shift.. if this is an automatic shift.. I have heard that the transmission needed to be tested again.. and Don't quote me on this, But I also thought I heard that there was a recall on the transmission for this reason. lastly, if you can find an alternate dealership to take the jeep.. I would switch up from time to time.. and hang out at the ausjeepoffroad forums more.

Add your comment to this topic!