Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Got the P0341 code

rkvons
01-14-2015, 12:48 PM
1998 Trans Sport/Montana
Driving to work yesterday morning. Hit a bumpy stretch of road. Got caught at a red light. When it turned green, hit the gas, SES light came on. Uh-oh. Got home later, read the code: P0341.

Now a few years ago, I had trouble starting this vehicle, so I bought a few things and replaced them (shotgun approach). One of them was the Camshaft Position Sensor. That did not fix my problem, so I kept the old one (original AC delco part). I checked this morning and I still have it. My plan is to just change this sensor out this weekend and hope that fixes it. I will report the results afterwards.

Question: what is the sensor on the back of the engine near the firewall and connected to the ICM called and used for? Thanks.

Tech II
01-14-2015, 05:04 PM
Your vehicle has 2 crank sensors....that is the 7x crank sensor....the other crank sensor, the 24x, is located behind the harmonic balancer......

If the 7x goes bad the car will not start...the 24x was used in misfire diagnosis...

rkvons
01-15-2015, 01:21 PM
My SES light went off again, so I will post-pone my planned repairs for this weekend.

rkvons
01-16-2015, 09:36 AM
Well, it went back on again this morning, weirdly at the same point during my drive to work. I don't know what the code is, but I suspect it is the same one. I will change out the CPS on Saturday. That is the plan, at least.

Tech II
01-16-2015, 12:57 PM
That cam sensor can be a pain in the butt to replace sometimes.....do you have an oil leak on the lower intake near the cam sensor? Also check the wiring to the sensor that a rodent didn't eat the insulation and it might be grounding out....

sergeimoskva
01-18-2015, 05:29 AM
Hi !
Check connector pins camshaft sensor (not the sensor itself). See the internal pin connector.

rkvons
01-19-2015, 12:46 PM
That cam sensor can be a pain in the butt to replace sometimes.....do you have an oil leak on the lower intake near the cam sensor? Also check the wiring to the sensor that a rodent didn't eat the insulation and it might be grounding out....
I changed it out on Saturday. It was a pain in the butt. I raised the power steering pump to gain access. That was the biggest challenge. I had to trim away some RTV that was bulged out from under the intake in order to change it out. It is possible that my power steering pump is leaking. I have to keep adding to it and it was wet under there. I'm not sure if there is oil leaking from the intake. I don't think so. Once the weather warms up, I plan on spending more time investigating. I will see if the light stays off now.

Add your comment to this topic!