Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Nissan S13 v. Honda EG?

XxCivilNiinjaxX
01-09-2015, 03:08 PM
Hello, ladies and gents!
I'm new to this forum, and I'm here for the same reasons as everyone else. I'd like help from others, and I enjoy helping others.

Back to the topic at hand.
I currently own a 1995 Toyota Corolla DX, and it's a great car. I have nothing bad to say about it, other than it's sluggish speed, but it's a stock Corolla.
I've been thinking about giving it to my younger brother who's in need of a vehicle, and doesn't have one, and I've saved enough money to get another car, I just haven't decided which one I want.

I've narrowed my list down to a 1991-'93 Nissan 240SX SE hatch, or a 1991-'95 Honda Civic EG hatch.

Here's why I can't make up my mind.
I've wanted both cars for quite some time. Long before I could drive, because each has a nostalgic value to me. They're also complete opposites.
I want a decent daily driver, that I can tinker with.
I know most people say you can't have a fast, cheap, and reliable car. One of the three options has to go, so let's knock off fast, because a stock KA24DE and the many various engines in the Civic aren't exactly fast anyway.

All in all, it's a FWD, frontal mounted engine, commuting storage bin.
vs
a RWD, frontal mounted engine, slightly sportier, more expensive, storage bin.

I'd just like input from anyone who has owned either car, as nothing beats experience.

Thank you so much, for read my first post! :iceslolan
I'm out.
-Colton

Add your comment to this topic!