Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2010 Trans filter change - Drop Exaust?

rongrzywacz
01-06-2015, 02:58 PM
I have a 2010 5.3 silverado, extended cab 2WD with 100K Miles on it. It's time to change the transmission fluid and Filter. It looks like there is an exaust pipe that runs about 3-4 inches under the transmission pan. Can I drop the pan without removing the exhaust pipe so i can change the filter??

Thanks for any help.
Ron G

j cAT
01-07-2015, 08:05 AM
I have a 2010 5.3 silverado, extended cab 2WD with 100K Miles on it. It's time to change the transmission fluid and Filter. It looks like there is an exaust pipe that runs about 3-4 inches under the transmission pan. Can I drop the pan without removing the exhaust pipe so i can change the filter??

Thanks for any help.
Ron G

you should not have a problem with the exhaust pipes. some have had a problem but the pipes were closer for some reason but not the norm.. pipes should not be close to the pan not good !!!! heat kills..

j cAT
01-07-2015, 08:08 AM

Thanks for any help.
Ron G

the fluid and filter need replacing 40K miles. also you must use the dexronVI ...

replacing at 100K is not good. GM has made claims of this 100k transmission servicing but only under unrealistic conditions no heat no cold no hills no cargo etc...

hopefully you will not have any problems ..

Add your comment to this topic!