Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Problem with a new CD in a 2001 Toyota 4 Runner

Bear1941
12-15-2014, 04:57 AM
I have a 2001 Toyota 4Runner with a premium sound system I had installed when I bought it in 2001 New from an aftermarket distributer of sound equipment. The CD player was not replaced. I have had years of faithful service on this system until now! I bought a new copy of AC DC new CD Rock or Bust and it will not play. I get the error message "Err" on the screen. All my other CD's play just fine and even the ones I recorded from records. Right after I get the "Err" message I pop in any other CD and it plays flawlessly. That AC DC CD also plays just fine on my home stereo in the house. So what is going on here? I need help before I get took at some car stereo shop I cannot afford now that I am retired.:runaround:

00accord44
12-17-2014, 12:18 PM
Definitely weird. You did all the trial and error I would've done..... did you try simply cleaning the disc?? Seems too simple but maybe :dunno:

Or maybe try one of those discs to clean the head of the CD player

Bear1941
12-17-2014, 01:10 PM
The AC DC CD I bought new from Amazon and I sent the first one back as it did the same thing and got the "Errr" message on the CD face of the Toyota 4 Runner. So Amazon sent me another one and it did the same thing! Since it plays on everything else I have I do not have the nerve to return it. I am going to try cleaning the heads on the Toyota and see if that works because the CD was brand new. I will respond with my results. Thanks for your response. Stand by this is not over yet. lol

Bear1941
12-17-2014, 02:01 PM
Voila, I went to the local Radio Shack and bought a CD/DVD cleaner. Let it do it's work and the DVD Rock or Bust played flawlessly. My cleaner was for DVD's only so now we both know. That ends this thread and thanks a lot. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

00accord44
12-17-2014, 07:12 PM
:bigthumb:

Add your comment to this topic!