Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Clutch change in a gtra

jooboyle
12-02-2014, 09:53 PM
I'm a new member and my recently purchased Panoz GTRA clearly needs a new clutch, so ...

How do I change the clutch in a GTRA? I have the drive shaft removed and the trans is detached from the bell housing but now I'm wondering if there is enough room to pull the trans off the bell housing and get it out of the car. (I have not pulled the input shaft from the pilot bushing)

Your guidance is most welcomed

Thank you

NZGTRA17
12-11-2014, 12:47 PM
I'm a new member and my recently purchased Panoz GTRA clearly needs a new clutch, so ...

How do I change the clutch in a GTRA? I have the drive shaft removed and the trans is detached from the bell housing but now I'm wondering if there is enough room to pull the trans off the bell housing and get it out of the car. (I have not pulled the input shaft from the pilot bushing)

Your guidance is most welcomed

Thank you

To do a clutch change with the engine installed I believe the only way to do this is to remove the trans tunnel and pull the trans up and out through the tunnel hole inside the car.

To do any clutch work I normally pull the engine out as I have this down to around 2 hours anyway.

Kel.

Add your comment to this topic!