Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1977 seville problems

WhatAmidoin
11-02-2014, 11:39 PM
My car battery keeps draining and engine dies while idling. I first replaced alternator and charged my old battery. Drove about two miles and the same problem happened.I took my old alternator to autozone and had it tested. It passed so I swapped my new alternator for a new battery. While installing the new battery and old alternator I noticed smoke above the distributor. The same problem again,battery loses power, engine dies. Replaced voltage regulator on old alternAtor and charged new battery and whAt do you know, the same thing happens again. The generator light is on and now the turn signals delay and rear passenger signal light won't work. I don't know if it's the charging system or A short somewhere. My car is a 77 cadillac seville and as you can probably tell I'm not a mechanic and/or have any idea on where to start looking

maxwedge
11-03-2014, 08:08 AM
This is not something you can diagnose on the net, that efi system is difficult to to repair, I had one, you need to have a tech check the harness to find where that smoke came from.

Add your comment to this topic!