Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Light Out Dash Indicator

Mustang_Driver
10-26-2014, 02:12 AM
I just had a set on HID'S installed in my van but after they were installed i have the burnt out light icon on my dash staying on now is there a way to either pull a fuse to disable it or should i just ignore it and throw a piece on tape over it

Hyperion Bi-Xenon 6000k kit i truly wish i would have done this sooner

tomj76
10-28-2014, 02:42 PM
I don't have that option on my vehicle, but no doubt it is looking for a certain current flow to the headlights. Without really knowing, I'm going to guess that the feature is incorporated into an electronic module. The Windstar wiring diagrams would go a long way to determine exactly where and how.

It might be fixed with a simple adjustment in the module. On the other hand it might only be "fixable" with a significant hack to the circuit.

You might want to read this post from the AF Engineering forum:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1138754

Mustang_Driver
10-29-2014, 12:30 AM
yeah as soon as any light burns out it notifies you with an amber light on the dash and the kit if i do believe only uses one side of the lighting circuit to trigger the ballasts and the other side is just taped up or not used so maybe i'll have to look into plugging something into the circuit or just a piece on black electrical tape on the dash would work as well it's just that when driving at night i don't like any warning lights on on my dash as i figure something is wrong.... but thanks anyways

Add your comment to this topic!