Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I picked up the Revell Civic Si yesterday...

Jay!
06-29-2003, 03:15 AM
And today I got this...

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t113905.html

"Reference material" :bigthumb:

Slipknot
06-29-2003, 03:28 AM
Sweet

Jonno
06-29-2003, 04:13 AM
At first, we would buy models to match our real cars.

Now we buy real cars to match our models...

What next? :redface: :bigthumb:

speedthrill
06-29-2003, 06:06 AM
:bigthumb: :bigthumb:

Moppie
06-29-2003, 06:18 AM
Oh no!

Not the greatest B series powered Honda ever made Im afriad Jay.

Stick a B18c in it to over come its slight weight problem and you might experiance what it is to own a real Honda :)
(or you could just swap it for an Integra GSR ;) )

joecwlaw
06-29-2003, 07:02 AM
Nice choice, Jay!!!

Are you going to have any modification on the Civic?

Moppie
06-29-2003, 07:10 AM
oh, and don't the lose the windscreen :wink:

rsbousquet
06-29-2003, 07:15 PM
daaamn. my friends got an SI like that well it's red.. but mm nice cars. good choice..

Jay!
06-29-2003, 08:31 PM
Heh. But really, comparing the two, the Revell kit is like a 9/10. :bigthumb: Now I need to go order some Electron Blue Pearl paint... :p

Honoturtle
06-29-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by jay@af
"Reference material" :bigthumb:
Lier! You just wanted to show-off your new car for those of us who mainly stick with the Car Modeling forum!! But that's ok. :) Engine pics please....

reveller
06-29-2003, 08:35 PM
Nice car:tongue: ! I wish they would make a model of my car. Haven't gotten the Revell Civic coupe yet but I am definately going to get one or two plus a few more ITRs!

reveller

ZoomZoomMX-5
06-29-2003, 08:39 PM
Sweet. Love the color. Whatever you do, keep it looking STOCK!:wink:

TheSyndicate
06-29-2003, 08:42 PM
D00D YOU SERIOUSLY HAV G0TTA GIT A BLACK WIDOW KIT AND GREEDDDYYYY EXHAUSTZ AND STREET GL0W NEONS AND HIGH-BRITE TOTALLY-UNNECESSARY-FOR-DAILY-DRIVING HID LIGHTZ!@#

ljrlude01
06-29-2003, 08:46 PM
nice car and looks clean too :bigthumb:

Jay!
06-29-2003, 08:55 PM
Yeah, well... There was no model kit of the 3rd gen Accord, so I got this instead. :grinyes:
Originally posted by ZoomZoomMX-5
Whatever you do, keep it looking STOCK!:wink: Why, does it look stock now? :icesangel Because the looks won't change much from that... ;)

Fastphil
06-30-2003, 05:05 PM
Good choice in cars, I have a '99 SiR (canadian version of Si) myself. Looks like yours is already lowered?

As for the "just get a GS-R" comment, my friend has a '95 GS-R, and I'd take my SiR over it any day. Sure the GS-R has more torque, but 8000 RPM! That's where it's at!

Dropping a B18C5 (Integra Type R) drivetrain in the Si is easy, and it will net you almost 200hp.

Check out www.clubsi.com for all your Si questions and needs, the forums there are red hot! Lots of people who know what they're talking about!

<EDIT> just read that it IS lowered, what springs do you have on there? Looks like Eibach Pro-Kits.. that's what I have.
What other "choice bits" do you have on it? Tinting the windows is a definite must, your car will look nicer and stay cooler inside too!

ZoomZoomMX-5
06-30-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by jay@af
Yeah, well... There was no model kit of the 3rd gen Accord, so I got this instead. :grinyes:
Why, does it look stock now? :icesangel Because the looks won't change much from that... ;)

Even lowered it looks like "it should have looked from the factory" stock. I like the stock rims, and yours sits just right. As for putting more ponies under the hood, hey...we all like sleepers!:wink:

All the Revell kits I've seen built look like the track, especially in the rear, is too narrow, especially evident in the new Scale Auto review of the Si.

Of course I want to build my hatchback as a metallic green, bone stock, DX-lookalike lowered w/steelies and an NSX powerplant under the hood:eek: :biggrin::devil:

Jay!
06-30-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Fastphil
just read that it IS lowered, what springs do you have on there? Looks like Eibach Pro-Kits.. that's what I have.
What other "choice bits" do you have on it? Tinting the windows is a definite must, your car will look nicer and stay cooler inside too! Tokico w/ adjustible shocks. Haven't played with them much yet, though. It's about 1.5" lower...
Originally posted by ZoomZoomMX-5
All the Revell kits I've seen built look like the track, especially in the rear, is too narrow, especially evident in the new Scale Auto review of the Si.Yeah, test fitting mine, I'm thinking I'll want to raise and widen the suspension a wee bit, to get it looking more like mine. To bad the kit wheels are huge compared to my 15". :eek: Oh well, compensation for scale, right?

Trueno
07-01-2003, 12:37 AM
Screw the B18C/5 if you blow the motor. Swap in a B20B bottom end from the CR-V and get some serious power. My buddy is doing this as we speak. BTW, you can buy the bottom end, swap in hi-comp pistons, some quality forged rods and still have money left over for bolt-ons and a nice set of cams/valvesprings/retainers and it would still cost less the the "almighty" type R engine. 195 hp to the crank for a B18C5? Try a minimum of 200hp TO THE WHEELS with a B20/VTEC engine.

primera man
07-01-2003, 02:38 AM
Very very nice car there Jay...just a shame the steering wheel is on the wrong side :thefinger

MR-2RaCeR
07-03-2003, 09:06 PM
Damn ur car looks nice!:icon16: looks real clean too. Nice color.

fujimituner235
09-28-2003, 03:16 AM
post pics when done

Add your comment to this topic!