Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Prototype fuel saver, head up display

ivanlaud
10-04-2014, 12:25 PM
I have developed a new fuel saver which shows up on the windscreen as a head up display. It displays g force of acceleration and braking in a single clear scale. I made a short video which you can see on youtube. Just enter: G ZERO FUEL SAVER into Google or youtube. I would be grateful for any observation or comments. Many thanks, Ivan Laud

ukrkoz
10-07-2014, 05:12 PM
Not sure how it will work. Isn't it easier to HU display MPG? Which is already done in phone apps. And then you simply use your phone as HUD on windshield.

ivanlaud
10-08-2014, 10:18 AM
[QUOTE=ukrkoz;7145695]Not sure how it will work. Isn't it easier to HU display MPG? Which is already done in phone apps. And then you simply use your phone as HUD on windshield.[/QUOT

Thanks for your reply. I know of the App for the phone and Average mpg is a good thing to follow as a head up display. I use this myself on the car computer display and find it very useful, particularly if I reset it at each fill up to improve sensitivity.
However G force is a major factor of fuel consumption and as my gadget is purely mechanical the continuous analogue reading is, I believe, more driver friendly than digital info. Driving by G force is new for drivers and gives an important added dimension to the experience of driving. What I have tried to do is make the image very simple and lean in order to convey accurate G force information to the driver quickly with the minimum of distraction.

Add your comment to this topic!