Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Vehicle damaged by freshwater flood (s)

jada7770
09-21-2014, 06:34 PM
I have a 2004 dodge neon that I am trying to sell it has Vehicle damaged by freshwater flood in 09/10/20112 at 37173 miles, I bought it in 2013 and it now has 53000 miles on it. I have a full CARFAX report about the incident , my question is this enough to give a buyer faith to buy it it has never had any troubles electrical or anything and has no signs of rust ( the flood was a few inches of water on passenger side floor) Im only selling because I have a kid on the way and I would like a SUV for safety reasons not because I think anythings wrong with it.
thoughts on what i should do?

Ray paulsen
10-05-2014, 07:53 AM
The only positive factor why someone would consider buying your car would be the time frame that has expired with no electrical issues.

Before you decide to maybe invest in another vehicle with a blemished history report here are some pointers to ponder,,,, especially with a baby on the way

Flood Damage,,, Think about the vast series of wires that run throughout the entire car that have been submerged in water for how long ?

Frame Damage,,, Would you feel comfortable sitting on a chair that you knew had frame damage and now patched together, never mind going down the Hwy sitting on a car frame at 70 Mph. If saving money means more to you than playing Russian roulette with your life go ahead.

Rebuild Engine,,, Many buyers will strike gold without any problems, from a personal viewpoint they just never seem to perform the same as original factory build.

Hailstorm Damage,,, There will only be cosmetic damage, an excellent purchase if you can live with the Bonnie and Clyde appearance.

http://www.usedcartips.org/

Crvett69
10-05-2014, 12:21 PM
you might consider taking car to a shop and have a complete vehicle inspection done, they can tell you if they see any rust or other damage and if it comes up clean you can show the inspection report to the prospective buyers. if it does have extensive rust starting or other issues might have to sell it as a parts vehicle

drdisque
10-08-2014, 05:05 PM
A 10 year old Neon is a $2500-$3000 car, even with such low mileage. It's frankly not worth it for you to spend the money to have it inspected.

Add your comment to this topic!