Joined A Crew Finally


CivicLx
06-28-2003, 10:29 PM
Hope you guys don't think this is a dumb post...Just kind of excited that I finally did. I had been thinking that joining a crew would be the next best move for me.
The way it came about was that this guy saw my car on teammeguiars.com and hit me up about getting a civic for his crew. Well he was already part of a pretty well-known NoCal crew so I figured they'd have tons of nice civics. Well I guess the guy dropped out of the club and wanted to start his own.
We had our first team meet last Saturday in San Mateo. I actually didn't think I'd end up joining, but everyone just was hella cool so it worked. There's probably gonna be about a dozen of us...and you know alot of crews start out as friends first, not the case with us, but I have a pretty good feeling about this.
For right now we're just gonna concentrate on being a full show crew, and then later on maybe establish a racing division.

Okay, enough...just thought I'd share because I'm pretty excited about it. If you guys wanna post your own car crew experiences, feel free to post them here:smile:

TheNotoriousMogg
06-29-2003, 12:34 AM
cool Mike, thats nice to hear man...your car is a hella show car....any word on when it will be done? any new pics?

Melt
06-29-2003, 12:46 AM
thats tight ... hopefully your crew stays coo with each other and isnt one of those crews that always has internal drama or starts shit with other crews :bigthumb:

CivicLx
06-29-2003, 01:23 AM
that's the main thing...just don't want drama...but I dunno...I guess we'll just see how things go...it's just so cool to find a place...being that I'm obsessed with the show scene, it's hard to relate to people that wanna do other stuff.

whiteracer
06-29-2003, 01:40 AM
is that?....no it can't be....a monitor at the front of the engine bay?

CivicLx
06-29-2003, 01:44 AM
why what's up dude? I swear to God...if you say that's rice...

Naw, I'm sure ALOT of people would say that's rice, but you know...if it gets you points at the show and you can afford it, then hey...

whiteracer
06-29-2003, 01:56 AM
no i like it. I love it. At the L.A. Auto show (only show i've been to) i saw monitors everywhere (inspiration for my car) except the engine bay. Never thought it was an option. Yeah like in the trunk or engine bay is obviously just to get those extra points which i think are worth it. I just couldn't believe what i was seeing.

CivicLx
06-29-2003, 02:03 AM
that's cool man

Melt
06-29-2003, 02:00 PM
man I really liked your car when I saw it in person back at HIN in san mateo ... only later did i realise I had seen you on af

CivicLx
06-29-2003, 06:51 PM
that was you Melt? I think it was the August IREV last year right. I remember someone saw my car in the parking lot, but I forgot that it was you. Man I have to get the new pics up. The car is lookin hella sick right now...well from a certain angle...up close straight on and down slightly on the hood...I'll have to post them.

We're having our second meet two weeks from today at the same park in San Mateo. Like I said, it's just hella cool to be in a crew where everyone is concentrating on show:smile:

Frostbyte
06-29-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by CivicLx
Hope you guys don't think this is a dumb post...Just kind of excited that I finally did. I had been thinking that joining a crew would be the next best move for me.
The way it came about was that this guy saw my car on teammeguiars.com and hit me up about getting a civic for his crew. Well he was already part of a pretty well-known NoCal crew so I figured they'd have tons of nice civics. Well I guess the guy dropped out of the club and wanted to start his own.
We had our first team meet last Saturday in San Mateo. I actually didn't think I'd end up joining, but everyone just was hella cool so it worked. There's probably gonna be about a dozen of us...and you know alot of crews start out as friends first, not the case with us, but I have a pretty good feeling about this.
For right now we're just gonna concentrate on being a full show crew, and then later on maybe establish a racing division.

Okay, enough...just thought I'd share because I'm pretty excited about it. If you guys wanna post your own car crew experiences, feel free to post them here:smile:


Awesome let me know when they start a race division. Mayhem is thinking about doing some crew battles sometime in the future.

Melt
06-29-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by CivicLx
We're having our second meet two weeks from today at the same park in San Mateo. Like I said, it's just hella cool to be in a crew where everyone is concentrating on show:smile:

be nice to show up but ill be out at downieville riding the mountain bike.

Im goin to LSHYBRIDCIVIC's show in reno on the 20th though ... check the pacific reigional forum on superhonda for more info.

Jetts
06-29-2003, 09:29 PM
nice man, dont get into to drama with crews all the crews i knew split up and formed new crews and just started a shit load of drama with eachother it is stupid

did you ever do those conversions??
post some recent pics of the ride man

TheNotoriousMogg
06-30-2003, 04:13 AM
its in the shop still bret...


and mike man when it gonna be done bro?

Jetts
06-30-2003, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by TheNotoriousMogg
its in the shop still bret...


and mike man when it gonna be done bro?

thx habib

CivicLx
06-30-2003, 05:49 PM
well I talked to my body guy a little while ago and he said the front conversion is pretty much done...we've still got the fender flares to do, the roadster vents and the taillights...I'll try to post the newest pics pretty soon...I posted some recent pics...I think in the exterior section...

Hey Melt, you should ride your bike all the way up to San Mateo:biggrin: Actually when I get my car back I'll race you on your mountain bike. We'll race for pink slips:biggrin: Naw, you'd probably win and then I'd have to walk home. Not fun:biggrin:

TheNotoriousMogg
07-01-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by CivicLx
Actually when I get my car back I'll race you on your mountain bike. We'll race for pink slips:biggrin: Naw, you'd probably win and then I'd have to walk home. Not fun:biggrin:


and the losers will hand over them keys :biggrin:

Melt
07-01-2003, 12:23 AM
nah id give you a ride :bigthumb: :spit:

Jetts
07-01-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by TheNotoriousMogg



and the losers will hand over them keys :biggrin:

dem keys
got to get it right
luda talk :icon16:

CivicLx
07-01-2003, 05:33 PM
Luda...he probably meant kilos:biggrin:

Hey cool about the ride melt. Would it be on back of the bike or in the car:biggrin:

Jetts
07-01-2003, 05:38 PM
your shit is so tight civiclx

what headlights are you getting
i heard you were getting m3 taillights is that true?

CivicLx
07-01-2003, 05:43 PM
hey thanks man. I'm actually doing the R33 skyline taillights and the BMW 3 series headlights and grills. we've only started on the front though...I also switched from the Black Widow front bumper to the R33 skyline front...I know the BMW conversion has been done before, but I'm not sure if it's been done with the skyline front...normally people put the skyline front bumper with skyline or silvia headlights.

hey if that's your car in your sig...I like...reminds me of one of those clios in GT3...but I don't want to think too much about Gran Turismo because I broke another damn PS2 controller today. I swear I've broken about 12 controllers:frown:

Jetts
07-01-2003, 05:47 PM
that will be sweet man

thats not my car, just an insperation
got that one from www.teameci.com they have some nice rides
when should it be done i want to see pictures

CivicLx
07-01-2003, 05:52 PM
that's not your car...OOOOOOOKAY...so you're a poser...LOL...just playin man:biggrin: yeah I'll definitely send pics when I'm done:smile:

Jetts
07-01-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by CivicLx
that's not your car...OOOOOOOKAY...so you're a poser...LOL...just playin man:biggrin: yeah I'll definitely send pics when I'm done:smile:


yeap, i aint even got a vw i got a ford:puke:

CivicLx
07-01-2003, 06:04 PM
then whaaaaaaaaaaat the hell are you doing in the Honda/Acura forum? GET OUT NOW!!!!!

J/P:biggrin:

What kind of ford do you have? Hope it's a truck and not a mustang:biggrin:

TheNotoriousMogg
07-01-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Jetts



yeap, i aint even got a vw i got a ford:puke:

Yea bret is a :loser: j/p :D

Jetts
07-01-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by CivicLx
then whaaaaaaaaaaat the hell are you doing in the Honda/Acura forum? GET OUT NOW!!!!!

J/P:biggrin:

What kind of ford do you have? Hope it's a truck and not a mustang:biggrin:


sorry sir, *walks away*
*runs over civiclx's civic with his POS ford* :bigthumb:

Yea bret is a j/p


why you raggin on me, i try to be nice :confused:

90hatchboi
07-01-2003, 09:24 PM
kinda late on this but thats rad you joined a crew... what crew is it... im not that up on the show scene anymore but i probablly have heard of them.. you havent been on shatter b in a while how come?

CivicLx
07-02-2003, 05:47 PM
Hey what's up Donny? Actually we don't have a name right now. We were gonna be Team Hamada because we were gonna rep a motorsports shop, but since I do ALL my shopping at WestCoast in Modesto, we didn't want to have any conflict of interest so we're gonna think of a new name.
Not sure if you've heard of them, but the guy that's starting this crew used to be in Lightspeed out of the bay. He has a sick...well I think it's sick...like cream green celica.

As for SB, I never really post anything interesting...I can post BS threads on AF, but I don't wanna do that on your guys' board:biggrin:

90hatchboi
07-03-2003, 05:53 PM
lol good call on the bs.... anyways i just meant your 2 cents is appreciated even though its a little "looks side to side then coughs" ricey for our taste.....lol just playin with ya

CivicLx
07-05-2003, 03:20 PM
:smile:

Add your comment to this topic!