Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

scrapping our old Windstar -- what to take off of it for re-sale first?

Fordina
08-27-2014, 10:42 AM
We have used this forum so many times over the years for help repairing our two Windstars. Much thanks to Wiswind and the others for keeping them running well past what would have been their expiration dates.

The time has come to scrap our last Windstar. The transmission's out and it has so many miles that the bluebook value just simply isn't worth the repairs at this point. It's also showing quite a bit of rust on the roof and other parts.

My question for you in this forum is what could we pull off of this vehicle to resell on Craig's List or elsewhere before sending it off to the scrap metal yard?

12Ounce
08-27-2014, 10:59 AM
Does the steering wheel have a good air bag? That should be a hot item. Clock-spring? PCM? REM? Instrument panel? Driver's chair ...powered or unpowered? Can you recover the wheels? etc, etc.

scubacat
08-27-2014, 09:52 PM
Quad/captains seats for the second row too if you have them!

Kirk Franks
08-30-2014, 09:40 AM
One stupid thing i recently purchased off ebay was the cup holder/ashtray. My cup holder broke and it was an expensive part from the dealer.
Side mirrors might sell.
If it is a 2000 i might be interested in a couple parts. Send me a message and we can talk.

Fordina
08-30-2014, 07:31 PM
It's actually a '98. Thanks for the ideas on what to take off of it.

Add your comment to this topic!