Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Steering wheel vibration

nticmates
08-26-2014, 04:31 AM
Hello,
I have a 98 Toyota corolla and every time I am moving and then I step on the brakes, the steering wheel starts to vibrate. I have changed the rotors, the break pads, the calipers and even changed the brake master cylinder...but still vibrates when I step on the brake pedal and I have done wheel alignment and balancing... Please help me with solutions.

Thanks

Brian R.
08-26-2014, 12:21 PM
Check your wheel bearings, ball joints, and tie-rod ends.

beir
10-23-2014, 05:39 AM
I have a 97 corollary..had clutch changed now car has vibration issues at idle and @ 1500-2500 rpm read somewhere it could be engine mounts seeing car has 250k on it sounds lodgical gonna look into it.will reply if I find problem. If anyone can help please reply

beir
10-27-2014, 06:08 AM
Looked @ work done by trans ship..found engine mount in backwords ..was touching metal to metal ..corrected problem ..got rid of some vibration now I think motor is just running rough..gonna try distributor cap,rotor & plugs also fuel injector cleaner ..keep ya posted

beir
10-29-2014, 05:38 AM
Well changed plugs, cap & rotor..still vibrates steering wheel @ idle..was told by friend to check rear engine mount. I didn't realize car has 4 mounts & where it's mounted sounds right. If this the problem I will post it I know after looking at pics of it there is only one way to install it.

beir
11-03-2014, 05:30 AM
Checked rear engine mount ..it was tight ..took pry bar & lifted engine while running & vibration went away..inclement weather prevented me from changing it...get 2 it this weekend. & will post results

beir
11-03-2014, 05:36 AM
I lifted engine @ right engine mount...forgot to add

Add your comment to this topic!