Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

[PICS] Questions about purchasing an '03 Monte Carlo

DRoxxx
08-25-2014, 06:56 PM
Sup everybody?
I am purchasing an '03 Monte Carlo LS tomorrow. I am super excited. Its the one in my current signature. Black on black.

The CarFax is PERFECT. Literally, perfect. 1 older owner - bought it brand new in 2003. No damage reports. The only servicing the car has been through is the oil changes. It has 66,000 miles on it. The guy (now deceased) babied this Monte'.

My brother and I test drove and it drives so smooth. A LITTLE bit of vibration in the steering column - but very slightly. My brother told me for $5,500 - It was going to be hard for me to find anything with this low of mileage in THIS good of shape.

I am also getting a 2nd set of tires this guys brother had for the summer time with chrome spoke rims.

Although - I do know things can happen.

I was just wondering if any of you might have some advice for me? I am going to buy it tomorrow and I know I should take it to a mechanic. What are some questions or things to tell them when I bring it in for a checkup?

Again - this car is really nice. Interior is pristine almost. Just a few paint errors on the back hatch but nothing thats not fixable for cheap.

I am very excited to purchase this car and I just want to make it last well past the 200,000 mile marker.

Advice?

gmtech1
08-25-2014, 07:21 PM
Nice, congratulations! 3.4 or 3.8? Each one has their pros and cons, but both are good. An experienced tech should be familiar with the car. Just tell him/her that you just bought and want a complete inspection on it. Most places have a "check sheet" that they use for a multi-point inspection.

DRoxxx
08-25-2014, 08:28 PM
Thank you :)
http://kokomo.craigslist.org/cto/4587356687.html

Theres the complete CraigsList ad.
Its a 3.4

DrRadar
09-21-2014, 09:43 PM
Congrats. Picture looks sharp. 66k is low mileage in my opinion. Keep up with the maintenance and hopefully it will last a long time. Don't panic when a problem arises...these forums have helped me tremendously to diagnose my issues and save $$$ on repairs.

Add your comment to this topic!