Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1965 Skylark Gran Sport brake cable configuration

Hassodog64
08-23-2014, 03:51 PM
I need a little help re-installing the middle (intermediate) parking brake cable on my 1965 Gran Sport. The cables to the wheels are new and installed, and the cable coming from the pedal is original and good. The car has been restored, and I'm sure I have all the parts, but I can't seem to figure out how the middle cable connects front to rears. There should be one or two places where it is attached/suspended from the floor to keep it in place when it is slack. If anyone can provide me with a diagram or photo of the cable configuration I sure would appreciate it. Or, if anyone could direct me to a source that could provide that, I'd appreciate that, too. Thanks.

GSGregg
06-25-2015, 04:19 PM
Hello, Hassodog64;

Sorry if I'm a bit late responding (fourteen months ain't a 'bit', it's a BYTE), but did you get your P-brake cable taken care of? I replaced the rear cable on my '66 GS a few years ago, but don't remember which internet vendor I bought it from and can't find an invoice or shipping order. However, I do have Buick and '67 Chevy shop manuals from which I could grab some pics if it'll help.

GSGregg

Add your comment to this topic!