Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Toyota Rear Brakes

Autorocker7
08-19-2014, 11:00 PM
So this may be a horrible thing, and I am scheduling tomorrow to get them replaced as soon as possible, but my rear brakes have been scraping for a few months now. I got the front brakes (the pads, rotors, and calipers for front brakes) replaced just before it started scraping. I had them checked a few weeks ago and I was told that I needed new shoes, hardware kits, machine drums, and possibly spring kits on both sides. Tonight while driving, I was braking and suddenly, it felt like a brake slipped or something, and I was then pressing the brake pedal all the way down. I had to press it as far as it could go and then some and hold it there until it came to a complete stop. When I press on it normally, the car slows down just a bit, but I have to push all the way down in order for it to begin stopping. I'm wondering what exactly happened earlier? As I said, I'm calling tomorrow to schedule a day to get them fixed as soon as possible.

Brian R.
08-20-2014, 01:00 AM
Check the brake fluid level in your master cylinder. Fill it to the level indicated. The level may have dropped during the previous brake work and was never topped off. Anything else, you have to get someone to fix it if you don't work on brakes.

Don't drive it in that condition.

Add your comment to this topic!