Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 Tahoe Climate Control Problems....

Susan S
08-19-2014, 01:03 PM
I noticed a few months ago that my climate control system in my 2002 Tahoe started behaving strangely. The AC didn't seem cold enough and I also had to manually turn the fan up at times to get enough air circulating. It almost seemed like the air would hardly blow at times and then all of a sudden it would kick in and almost blow us out the car and I would have to turn it back down. Sometimes it seems to work fine and then other days not so much. The other day I had the fan as fast as it would go and the temp as cold as it would go. I did have cold air coming out of the front vents, but it just wasn't blowing as hard as you would expect, nor as cold as it should be. I also realized I had no air whatsoever coming out of the back vents. I have not tested to see if the heat is working (since it's 96 degrees right now where I live). I had everything turned on correctly and was controlling the back air from the front but nothing. I then turned the front dual controls off (for the rear) and tried to run the AC from the rear controls but still nothing. Any idea where we should start to figure out what might be going on???

j cAT
08-24-2014, 08:32 PM
I noticed a few months ago that my climate control system in my 2002 Tahoe started behaving strangely. The AC didn't seem cold enough and I also had to manually turn the fan up at times to get enough air circulating. It almost seemed like the air would hardly blow at times and then all of a sudden it would kick in and almost blow us out the car and I would have to turn it back down. Sometimes it seems to work fine and then other days not so much. The other day I had the fan as fast as it would go and the temp as cold as it would go. I did have cold air coming out of the front vents, but it just wasn't blowing as hard as you would expect, nor as cold as it should be. I also realized I had no air whatsoever coming out of the back vents. I have not tested to see if the heat is working (since it's 96 degrees right now where I live). I had everything turned on correctly and was controlling the back air from the front but nothing. I then turned the front dual controls off (for the rear) and tried to run the AC from the rear controls but still nothing. Any idea where we should start to figure out what might be going on???

your ac system requires the air box filters replaced or the air box air flow is restricted with leaves/debris.

Add your comment to this topic!